Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
I see there’s still a fair amount of ***s in Inverness and Nairn.

Was speaking to a quine on Tinder from Inverness until she outed herself as a Tory. She doesn't deserve my 4".

Aye aye stop bragging 😜

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Something that irks me because I seldom see it properly challenged, is the idea that another referendum would be hideously divisive and damaging.  

Obviously, I know why Unionists trot this line out, but it's a complete revisionism regarding 2014.  The consensus then across both sides was that the entire process was invigorating for our politics. 

I think there was some of the Twitter misbehaviour that characterises everything now, but otherwise, we had huge participation levels, massive turnout, school kid events at the hydro, hustings displays aplenty etc.  Pretty much nobody at the time saw the process as detrimental.

I think it's been allowed to be placed alongside the Brexit one though, with the Jo Cox horror and the ensuing paralysis of parliament.  It's convenient for some to conflate the two.

It just bugs me because those saying how awful another referendum would be, rarely have the reality of last time pointed out to them.

are you crazy? there was an egg thrown at Murphy. Murphy and Eddie Izzard were later jostled by a fringe indy lunatic.

An egg and a jostle and you say it wasn't damaging?? Numerous families up and down the country were divided as a result of those incidents and haven't spoken to each other since. 

12 minutes ago, wirez said:

Yawn. 

Shout transphobe and hope it sticks. Apparently the most famous trans person on the planet is now a transphobe for believing in fairness in female sports.

Presumably because she's changed her mind on the issue solely to cash in on Republican votes (whilst also being happy to play in women's golf tournaments herself).

Edited by yoda

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Presumably because she's changed her mind on the issue solely to cash in on Republican votes (whilst also being happy to play in women's golf tournaments herself).

Trans rights folk have been saying for a long time that there's an extremely lucrative lifestyle available to any trans person who sells them out.

Jenner has done a complete volte-face on trans people in sport because she's always been nothing more than a shameless narcissistic grifter. 

If they hold Edinburgh Pentlands the SNP will almost certainly have 62 constituency seats even without winning Aberdeen West.

I just hope  that if as expected Tories hold Aberdeen West that the SNP can nick 3 rather than 2 seats on list. Highly unlikely but let's hope for a miracle

24 minutes ago, wirez said:

Yawn. 

Shout transphobe and hope it sticks. Apparently the most famous trans person on the planet is now a transphobe for believing in fairness in female sports.

Yeah, no, she’s under fire for that hideous interview where she said her pals are leaving California because they don’t like looking at homeless people. There’s also the fact she’s a hypocritical cuntress re female sports, but it’s the thinner end of the wedge. (No golf pun intended) 

86F5D0A5-792D-46EB-A8DF-C7120401713B.png

Edited by carpetmonster

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Or that she was a former world class athlete. Someone who won a gold medal in the decathlon at the Olympics and maybe knows a wee bit more about sport than your average punter.

Time we ditched political parties and ascended to the higher intellectual plain of fully Accelerated Ulsterisation.

65 v 65 just relentlessly screaming at each other about whether all the decisions should be made in Edinburgh or London.

8 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

are you crazy? there was an egg thrown at Murphy. Murphy and Eddie Izzard were later jostled by a fringe indy lunatic.

An egg and a jostle and you say it wasn't damaging?? Numerous families up and down the country were divided as a result of those incidents and haven't spoken to each other since. 

Like I always say, for anyone to have fallen out with friends and family over indyref at least one of them must have been an arsehole.