Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Wightman pummeling Salmond and Galloway on the list vote in Skye.

That a good member of parliament like Andy Wightman felt he had to leave the Greens is a shame.

A real loss if he doesn't get back in.

I stay in Aberdeenshire West and have little trust in the right outcome - lots of No Voters and English people in the Westhill and Banchory areas, and they likely to proudly demonstrate their irrational dislike of Nicola.

Hope I’m wrong - as it could make all the difference. Maybe there’s enough Lib Dems to take away some of the unionist vote, but I am not counting on it.

SNP heading for their highest constituency vote share and highest number of constituency votes ever in a Scottish Parliament election. Just 13,000 behind their previous record in 2016, with 13 constituencies still to declare. 

Yeah, abject failure that.

Edited by GordonS

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

I stay in Aberdeenshire West and have little trust in the right outcome - lots of No Voters and English people in the Westhill and Banchory areas, and they likely to proudly demonstrate their irrational dislike of Nicola.

Hope I’m wrong - as it could make all the difference. Maybe there’s enough Lib Dems to take away some of the unionist vote, but I am not counting on it - despite the relative popularity of Braemar’s Fergus Mutch, who is the SNP candidate.

I forgot that Westhill was in the constituency - rammed with entitled wankers more concerned about having a bigger car than their neighbour.

Far more civilised over Kemnay way - lots of Fergus Mutch signs too

Don't know if this has much relevance but certainly in constituency vote in Highlands & islands the SNP are literally on 47.95% of total votes cast.

They would need to keep about 87% of those votes on List to have chance of getting around 43%

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Was pointing out earlier how a different Unionist strategy with a combined set of candidates on the constituencies but the three parties running independently on the list could have easily won a majority for the No side this time if they played the same sort of game Alba was playing. That didn't seem to go down too well. Alex Salmond outed himself as a self-indulgent narcissist with that move as the SNP-Greens axis has Holyrood stitched up as things stand at the moment.

If Labour openly support the Tories their vote will collapse in Scotland. They can't do it. They're still paying for Better Together.

Just now, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Wightman's a transphobic muppet, good riddance.

Yawn. 

Shout transphobe and hope it sticks. Apparently the most famous trans person on the planet is now a transphobe for believing in fairness in female sports.

Just now, Blootoon87 said:
4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
I see there’s still a fair amount of ***s in Inverness and Nairn.

Was speaking to a quine on Tinder from Inverness until she outed herself as a Tory. She doesn't deserve my 4".

Pity. Could have lost your deposit there.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If Labour openly support the Tories their vote will collapse in Scotland. They can't do it. They're still paying for Better Together.

Arguably they have already lost most of the voters that can't stomach that sort of thing. If the Unionist parties had lost sizable numbers of list MSPs to Alba they would be having serious conversations about how to level the playing field again.