Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

I'm sure he also said that trident costs two hundred thousand million. A wee bit of an exaggeration there.

200 billion is 200,000 million.

£205 billion is a final cost estimate that gets bandied about for the planned replacement for trident.

I'm sure he also said that trident costs two hundred thousand million. A wee bit of an exaggeration there.

That’ll be based on CND’s calculations

https://cnduk.org/resources/205-billion-cost-trident/

Obviously they’re more likely to overestimate than underestimate the total but it’s going to be that order of magnitude

Hi can someone explain how in 2011 and 2016 the SNP got same 6 out of 8 constituencies in Highlands & Islands and yet in 2011 they got 3 list MSP's and 2016 only 1.

The only difference i can see is that in 2016 they got 39.7% of vote but in 2011 they got 47.5%.

Does theoretically that not mean if they got say 42.5% on list that they could sneak 2 list MSP's

2 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

Hi can someone explain how in 2011 and 2016 the SNP got same 6 out of 8 constituencies in Highlands & Islands and yet in 2011 they got 3 list MSP's and 2016 only 1.

The only difference i can see is that in 2016 they got 39.7% of vote but in 2011 they got 47.5%.

Does theoretically that not mean if they got say 42.5% on list that they could sneak 2 list MSP's

I think you've explained it pretty well yourself bud.

2 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

You answered your own question but would think it would need 44% for another seat.

I still hold out some hope for Aberdeenshire West (my constituency) Fergus Mutch is an excellent candidate and really has a chance.........as long as the entitled oil wankers (of which there should be fewer) and large number of English born residents didnt all vote or shift from Lib Dems.

4 minutes ago, wirez said:

200 billion is 200,000 million.

£205 billion is a final cost estimate that gets bandied about for the planned replacement for trident.

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That’ll be based on CND’s calculations

https://cnduk.org/resources/205-billion-cost-trident/

Obviously they’re more likely to overestimate than underestimate the total but it’s going to be that order of magnitude

I stand corrected although if he'd said 200 billion, I might have understood it better. 

Just now, GordonS said:

...The unionist side only needs a little more tactical voting to turf the SNP out in pretty much every rural seat - and the main beneficiary would be the Tories...

Was pointing out earlier how a different Unionist strategy with a combined set of candidates on the constituencies but the three parties running independently on the list could have easily won a majority for the No side this time if they played the same sort of game Alba was playing. That didn't seem to go down too well. Alex Salmond outed himself as a self-indulgent narcissist with that move as the SNP-Greens axis has Holyrood stitched up as things stand at the moment.

6 minutes ago, African Sunset said:

You answered your own question but would think it would need 44% for another seat.

There's no hard figure because it depends on how the other votes are being divvied up as well. 

Patrick Harvie really is a top lad. I would love an official coalition between the Greens and SNP with himself and Lorna (as a minimum) in cabinet positions, preferably as Environmental Minister so we can actually push for legitimate progress in emission reduction, etc.