Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

1 hour ago, RosspCfc said:

Obviously the 25 votes recount was pish

1 hour ago, Angus_Don said:

James Matthews at Sky needs to have a word with his sources 25 votes my arse.

I literally have no idea where that chat came from. I clocked it on Twitter, asked Labour and SNP people at the count and they both said it was bollocks. Really poor journalism. I'd love to know who told him that.

You knew from the moment Toni Giugliano arrived that it wasn't looking good for the SNP. He looked a beaten man from the moment he walked in the door.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

And she'll magic a referendum into existence just by clicking her heels three times and saying "There's no place like home (rule), there's no place like home (rule)..."

Well if we are going down the Yellow Brick Road on that journey from the first of many SNP mandates for independence.

First rule. Nobody gets to look behind the curtain!

We have got this and only we know what the strategy is.

Speaking of irrelevant rumps in the Central Belt, it's thoroughly pleasing to see that the busted flush Lib Dems dropped to an utterly pathetic1033 votes on the Clyde Riviera - just 250 more than a tammy-wearing independent candidate.
Back in 2007, they were got 3800 votes and got 6500 - finishing second - in the same seat in 2003. They've collapsed like snow off a dyke and it's hilarious. 
Some of their results have been in the hundreds today which I find embarrassing(for them) for a party that were in coalition a decade ago. I suppose they're still paying for that. Quite right too.

24 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Those numbers for Independent Green Voice are surprisingly high even beating out AFU.

Some people may have voted for them instead of the Greens in error. Remember the guy that stood as a "Literal Democrat" and ended up stopping the Lib Dem winning. 

Edited by Lurkst

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I literally have no idea where that chat came from. I clocked it on Twitter, asked Labour and SNP people at the count and they both said it was bollocks. Really poor journalism. I'd love to know who told him that.

You knew from the moment Toni Giugliano arrived that it wasn't looking good for the SNP. He looked a beaten man from the moment he walked in the door.

Probably got it directly from Jackie Baillie.

Can't keep her gob shut.

5 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

I wonder what the plan will be when the request for a Section 30 is, inevitably, denied once again?

Send up the Salmond signal, because that will make the difference.

Oh, wait...

35 minutes ago, Adamski said:

The list vote for Glasgow Southside.

E1955EEA-8BF7-45AD-BC0B-1ABF63902F6A.jpeg

If that is replicated across Glasgow, Labour and the Greens will each pick up 3 list MSPs and the Tories 1 .

image.png.467e080031cb7525eb003c2da07fa0e2.png

Edited by Saltire

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Probably got it directly from Jackie Baillie.

Can't keep her gob shut.

I'm not sure why Jackie Baillie would say that she had asked for a recount after losing by 25 votes when she won by 1400 odd. I can't think of a single benefit of that to her. 

Those in Scottish Labour who are finding solace in holding seats like Edinburgh South and Dumbarton, and making some marginal percentage gains elsewhere should really look southwards and see what has been happening across England.  If politics was boxing then a referee might be entitled to stop the contest and lead Starmer back to the (former) red corner.

And that matters to Scotland.  I've lost count of the Labourites who have parroted the line to me about expressing solidarity across the UK and standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the brethren in Hull and Hartlepool.  Well I have news for them - an awful lot of these folk have now fucked off to the Tories and other right-wing parties and won't be returning any time soon.  Whither your solidarity now ?

Time to wake up and sniff the coffee boys and girls.

4 minutes ago, Saltire said:

If that is replicated across Glasgow, Labour and the Greens will each pick up 3 list MSPs and the Tories 1 .

image.png.467e080031cb7525eb003c2da07fa0e2.png

I'd certainly be happy with that, although I suspect that the constituency is a touch more Green-friendly than most in the city.

9 minutes ago, microdave said:
18 minutes ago, virginton said:
Speaking of irrelevant rumps in the Central Belt, it's thoroughly pleasing to see that the busted flush Lib Dems dropped to an utterly pathetic1033 votes on the Clyde Riviera - just 250 more than a tammy-wearing independent candidate.
Back in 2007, they were got 3800 votes and got 6500 - finishing second - in the same seat in 2003. They've collapsed like snow off a dyke and it's hilarious. 

Some of their results have been in the hundreds today which I find embarrassing(for them) for a party that were in coalition a decade ago. I suppose they're still paying for that. Quite right too.

In Motherwell and Wishaw the Lib Dems polled 554 votes.  1% more of the vote than the Communist Party.

8 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

I wonder what the plan will be when the request for a Section 30 is, inevitably, denied once again?

She will claim that she is too busy with the pandemic recovery to ask for it. She has already started vaguely hinting that this will be her excuse so she can avoid asking for one when polls aren't high enough for yes. 

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm not sure why Jackie Baillie would say that she had asked for a recount after losing by 25 votes when she won by 1400 odd. I can't think of a single benefit of that to her. 

So that SNPers get their hopes up and then she can get a good laugh at them when she knows she has won. And her fanboys can post shite like this

Just now, sparky88 said:

She will claim that she is too busy with the pandemic recovery to ask for it. She has already started vaguely hinting that this will be her excuse so she can avoid asking for one when polls aren't high enough for yes. 

Thank you for this insight into the void between your ears.

Just now, sparky88 said:

Which is, of course, disingenuous, because there can be no meaningful Scottish recovery, unless we are independent first.  Universal Basic Income for example, can't be implemented because we're not independent.