Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

36 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Aye the MP for the region is Tory but due to the difference is areas for the Scottish Election we have Christine Graham who is SNP and will sadly probably win of name alone. It's a new Tory going against her because Michelle Ballantyne fucked off to the Reform group or some shit. 

hmmmm a right winger,  seems right

The list vote for Glasgow Southside.

E1955EEA-8BF7-45AD-BC0B-1ABF63902F6A.jpeg

Edit to add - this came from a tweet from a local Green councillor, who mentioned that the 18.4% the Greens got was up from 13.7% in 2016 - don't know how the other parties compare though.

Edited by Adamski

Imagine Keir Hardie or John Smith witnessing traditional Labour voters voting for a tory party led my an eton millionaire who just spent fortunes refurbishing his flat on donors money, just to keep the socially democratic SNP out. In the words of slade...my oh my

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't understand why the largest tory doesn't simply consume all the smaller tories

Because it would like swallowing a lethal cocktail of battery acid and strychnine. I can only imagine what a Tory would do to your innards.

4 minutes ago, Adamski said:

E1955EEA-8BF7-45AD-BC0B-1ABF63902F6A.jpeg

Those numbers for Independent Green Voice are surprisingly high even beating out AFU.

Edited by GNU_Linux

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

But I think this is where people who are pro indy need to roll up our sleeves and speak to Labour voters and Labour party members if you know anyone in that select bunch and really push indy.

The Labour vote who were responsive to this message already left in their droves between 2011 and 2016. 

The remainder - in their former heartlands at least - are all wheezing 50+ year olds who can't accept the fact that their shan movement is finished, and hate the 'Tartan Tories' more than the Conservatives for having deprived them of their cosy council-diddy Parliament-Westminster nest-feathering routine. 

Those numbers for Independent Green Voice are surprisingly high even beating out AFU.

Some endorsement for Galloway that more people accidentally voted for neo fascists instead of the Greens than voted for his party.

E1955EEA-8BF7-45AD-BC0B-1ABF63902F6A.thumb.jpeg.43bffe5db34d1a4473361d4f8298c7c7.jpeg

Greens look well in the race for a second list MSP by those numbers. Only got one last time. Nearly doubled their vote while the Tories stood still.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

The remainder - in their former heartlands at least - are all wheezing 50+ year olds who can't accept the fact that their shan movement is finished

Greenie for the comment and also for the use of the word "shan". A fantastic Embra slang word of Gypsy origin like a f**k of a lot of others that Dross would therefore disapprove of.

1 minute ago, Adamski said:

tbf he does his bit for the environment by not washing that jaiket of his.

Ferret did a recent piece as well

Speaking of irrelevant rumps in the Central Belt, it's thoroughly pleasing to see that the busted flush Lib Dems dropped to an utterly pathetic1033 votes on the Clyde Riviera - just 250 more than a tammy-wearing independent candidate.

Back in 2007, they got 3800 votes and got 6500 - finishing second - in the same seat in 2003. They've collapsed like snow off a dyke and it's hilarious. 

Edited by vikingTON

51 minutes ago, wirez said:

Situation will probably be the same as it was last week. SNP biggest party, with Greens making it an independence majority.

Johnson will look at that result and shrug. Nothing much will have changed.

Over to you First Minister.....

And she'll magic a referendum into existence just by clicking her heels three times and saying "There's no place like home (rule), there's no place like home (rule)..."

Interesting to see some list results coming through on BallotBoxScot and elsewhere on Twitter, looks like the Greens up everywhere.

This guy has two from Fife: https://twitter.com/alasdair_clark

58 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

Wouldn't there be a chance of SNP picking up a list seat in Mid Scotland & Fife if they lost Perth & Kinross South.

Last time they held 8 of 9 constituency seats but this time they might only hold 7 if they lose Perth & Kinross South.

Obviously depends on the numbers, but let's go by what I've seen for the list in three counts so far - Perthshire North, Kirkcaldy, Cowdenbeath. Average for those are: SNP 43, CON 23, LAB 18, GRN 7, LIB 4, ABLA 2 (I'd expect SNP to drop and CON to gain slightly in the end results.)

If it's SNP with 8 constituencies again, then once again it's CON 4 LAB 2 GRN 1 in the list. By my calculations, if the SNP lose a constituency seat to CON they still won't get a list seat (instead it would be CON 3 LAB 3 GRN 1).

Only if the SNP drop to 6 constituency seats will their list vote be high enough to get them a list seat.

55 minutes ago, Angus_Don said:

Interesting to note that David Cameron called the EU Ref on a mandate based on a whopping 36.9% of the vote. FPTP is such a f***d up voting system

You're forgetting 12.6% of the country also voted UKIP in the 2015 election to go along with the Tories. Though they only got 1 seat thanks to FPTP.

Edited by Ginaro

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

The Labour vote who were responsive to this message already left in their droves between 2011 and 2016. 

The remainder - in their former heartlands at least - are all wheezing 50+ year olds who can't accept the fact that their shan movement is finished, and hate the 'Tartan Tories' more than the Conservatives for having deprived them of their cosy council-diddy Parliament-Westminster nest-feathering routine. 

You're probably right in 9/10 cases but my friend is soft labour he said he was using both votes yesterday to vote for them, I hope the picture of Jackie posing with her Tory pals changes his mind but I think it will take more effort