Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Guest Bob Mahelp

Stormzy's appearance on here is the epitome of how Unionists are going to handle this. 

Hide away like cowards for most of the day, and then use the semantics of one result/handful of votes or whatever, to gloat about the SNP not having a majority. 

It's pathetic, but the SNP are going to have to stamp on pish like this very quickly to make sure that they're not losing the PR battle and to make sure that such an exceptional result isn't allowed to be portrayed as some kind of failure. 

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Even if SNP did get a majority, it would be spun that they only got 47% of vote. Unfortunately we are going to be at this political impasse for a while.

And if they got 51% of the vote it would be spun that it didn't count because the name of the day the vote was done ended with a Y.

Dear Scots,
I'm from Finland. I would like to make one comment. All nationalists up here are debating whether we should exit the EU. That's because it's costly. Some people are planning to make it a budget transfer union, like the United States. That would cost us billions of euros each year. You are a rich country and you would with all probability face a similar fate.
That's why I think you should Norway, if you break up with the UK. That's all I have to say. Yours is a beautiful country, been there once.
thanks,
Markku from Finland

Awright chlamydia kid

5 minutes ago, JustQuest said:

Dear Scots,

I'm from Finland. I would like to make one comment. All nationalists up here are debating whether we should exit the EU. That's because it's costly. Some people are planning to make it a budget transfer union, like the United States. That would cost us billions of euros each year. You are a rich country and you would with all probability face a similar fate.

That's why I think you should Norway, if you break up with the UK. That's all I have to say. Yours is a beautiful country, been there once.

thanks,

Markku from Finland

images.jpeg

Stormzy's appearance on here is the epitome of how Unionists are going to handle this. 
Hide away like cowards for most of the day, and then use the semantics of one result/handful of votes or whatever, to gloat about the SNP not having a majority. 
It's pathetic, but the SNP are going to have to stamp on pish like this very quickly to make sure that they're not losing the PR battle and to make sure that such an exceptional result isn't allowed to be portrayed as some kind of failure. 
We will be hearing from Lex soon

2 minutes ago, renton said:

So long as the Scottish Governmwbt can command the votes, that's a nonsense argument. 

It's a nonsense argument that Boris Johnson has a say in the next potential referendum? 

I think he would deny it either way and that the SNP will have to go to the court no matter what outcome and he probably thinks the same. 

If it was me personally I would allow one but I don't think he will. 

Hephalump keeping her seat and Carbaw keeping his thanks to Yoon tactical voting. Majority ain't happening. 63 seats at most but suspect it'll be around 60-62. Not that it should be needed for an Indyref mandate as the amount of things that had to go in SNP's favour is ridiculous. We will find ourselves with more pro-Indy MSPs than ever before in Parliament tomorrow evening. That is a massive win for the indy movement. 

Hephalump keeping her seat and Carbaw keeping his thanks to Yoon tactical voting. Majority ain't happening. 63 seats at most but suspect it'll be around 60-62. Not that it should be needed for an Indyref mandate as the amount of things that had to go in SNP's favour is ridiculous. We will find ourselves with more pro-Indy MSPs than ever before in Parliament tomorrow evening. That is a massive win for the indy movement. 

Exactly, so why can't the media promote this?
Edit....I know the answer

38 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

What chances do the SNP have in Aberdeenshire West?

The A9?

36 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Nobody has any chance in Aberdeenshire West.

unless they motor west on the A96 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

It's a nonsense argument that Boris Johnson has a say in the next potential referendum? 

I think he would deny it either way and that the SNP will have to go to the court no matter what outcome and he probably thinks the same. 

It's a nonsense argument that an SNP only majority is the only legitimate route to pushing for one. So long as there is a majority of pro Indy MSPs then BoJo will have to rest on some other denial of democracy to hold the Union together.

For once Stormzy, I agree.

More likely that Boris will have to go to court to stop one surely?

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Mind when Panelbase were projecting 8 seats for Alba? To use a P&B'ism 'swing & a miss champ'.

I don't buy the unionist myth that the SNP needed an overall majority, obviously.  However, the cause of independence, as well as the FM's position from which to negotiate for it, would have undoubtedly been strengthened by even more MSPs in favour of independence being elected. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I actually regrettably spent about 6 hours of my day watching the election and commenting pretty regularly on here. 

You need to allow your opps to celebrate dubs. You guys have been buzzing all day and I make one post for Jackie Bailie and you act like I've not got the right to comment 😂

Imagine calling someone a coward for not posting on a football forum in a 2 hour period...

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The weirdo gave a wee negative thing to the below post. Never replied and offered a retort, nae argument against.  Just staunch negativity.

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I dunno why folk don't like Sturgeon.
Politicians in general are all kunts but she is by far and away the best of them.

We can argue about tactical voting stopping a majority all we want. The tactical voters are anti indy voters. If we want indy, those voters wont be changed. I know it’s margins and that. But I dunno. Do we assume a few labour voters would back indy in the coming future with the shitshow down south? Hopefully. 

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Red Tories out in force in Dumbarton then.

You can say that if you want, but i called this ages ago, the SNP fielded a shite candidate who’s leaflets and social media etc were all ‘indy’ etc, there was no local engagement or focusing on the issues that people care about in the area, campaigning in Helensburgh was also non existent. The guy was a careerist who had previously been beaten by ACH i believe (may be wrong).

I think he would deny it either way and that the SNP & GREENS will have to go to the court no matter what outcome and he probably thinks the same. 

Ftfy