Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Dear Scots,

I'm from Finland. I would like to make one comment. All nationalists up here are debating whether we should exit the EU. That's because it's costly. Some people are planning to make it a budget transfer union, like the United States. That would cost us billions of euros each year. You are a rich country and you would with all probability face a similar fate.

That's why I think you should Norway, if you break up with the UK. That's all I have to say. Yours is a beautiful country, been there once.

thanks,

Markku from Finland

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's surely time for the blue, red and orange Tories just to form one party is it not ? 

No policies, no positivity, just 'NOOOOO TO THE SNP'. 

Let's cut out all this shit where people pretend they're voting for Labour or the Tories due to policies. 

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Imagine hating the idea of Scotland being a country with all the levers to make its own way in the world so much that you give your vote to a party diametrically opposed to your own. 

Tactical voting is always wrong if your favourite party is on the receiving end of it.  There has been plenty of tactical voting for the SNP to keep the Tories out over the years. 

SNP on the way to 63 or 64 I think, assuming the handful of list MSPs returned last time get in again. Current result suggest the SNP list vote will stay that way.

Close but no cigar. From a domestic government point of view I think that’s objectively a good thing. For independence it’s irrelevant, we’re on the way to comfortable parliamentary approval in favour of a referendum, but of course it won’t be spun that way.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I wish people would stop making Johnson's false argument for him. This is utter pish. We'll end up with 70+ pro indy seats. Settle.

Boris Johnson has made a career out of false arguments and ended up in the top job.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Majority hopes finished then? 

Small chance now, Aberdeenshire West is best chance and Galloway & West Dumfries is a long shot but they will need to win every seat they hold and the tories have a great chance with 2 seats. 

Edited by betting competition

The majority was always going to be highly unlikely. The entire system is set up to stop a party getting a majority. The likelihood is we will see an unprecedented 4th term for the SNP and an independence majority in the parliament with the greens. More than enough of a mandate for indy ref 2. Bring it on
It's not set up to stop a majority, it's set up to deliver a proportional parliament which it will. SNP won't have 50% of the vote on either ballot.

2 minutes ago, JustQuest said:

Dear Scots,

I'm from Finland. I would like to make one comment. All nationalists up here are debating whether we should exit the EU. That's because it's costly. Some people are planning to make it a budget transfer union, like the United States. That would cost us billions of euros each year. You are a rich country and you would with all probability face a similar fate.

That's why I think you should Norway, if you break up with the UK. That's all I have to say. Yours is a beautiful country, been there once.

thanks,

Markku from Finland

Nae bother

1 minute ago, Paco said:

SNP on the way to 63 or 64 I think, assuming the handful of list MSPs returned last time get in again. Current result suggest the SNP list vote will stay that way.

Close but no cigar. From a domestic government point of view I think that’s objectively a good thing. For independence it’s irrelevant, we’re on the way to comfortable parliamentary approval in favour of a referendum, but of course it won’t be spun that way.

I do wonder if we might see a more formal coalition between the SNP and Greens to firm up the idea of a majority pro Indy Government.

4 minutes ago, JustQuest said:

Dear Scots,

thanks,

Markku from Finland

naw hjk helsinki aren't gonna join the MLS mate