Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

If Bailie wins, which looks likely, SNP will get 63 seats imo. Greens will take around 10. In fairness SNP have got around 47-48% of vote, so they take around 47-48% of seats. Its fair i guess, as its a fair electoral system.
Re. Tactical voting, I don't really blame the unionists, the country has decended into Yes v No. Nationalist vs Unionists. Thats it for the foreseeable

It is rumoured on twitter Bailie has won. 

SNP will have to hold all their seats they currently have and win another seat that isn't in south. 

Edited by betting competition

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

If Bailie wins, which looks likely, SNP will get 63 seats imo. Greens will take around 10. In fairness SNP have got around 47-48% of vote, so they take around 47-48% of seats. Its fair i guess, as its a fair electoral system.
Re. Tactical voting, I don't really blame the unionists, the country has decended into Yes v No. Nationalist vs Unionists. Thats it for the foreseeable

Keith Brown was on Radio Scotland earlier saying (when pressed on what would happen in the event of a non-majority) that a >50% SNP vote would be sufficient to put forward the Indyref2 argument.

You have to worry that the opposition parties will jump on that if the SNP get <50%.

Keith Brown was on Radio Scotland earlier saying (when pressed on what would happen in the event of a non-majority) that a >50% SNP vote would be sufficient to put forward the Indyref2 argument.
You have to worry that the opposition parties will jump on that if the SNP get
Exactly what they will do

1 hour ago, stanton said:

Yeah , I used to see him regularly when I lived in St Boswells , my dad has played golf a few times with one of his sons 

Oh cool cool. I stay two towns down from there.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:
You have to worry that the opposition parties will jump on that if the SNP get

Exactly what they will do

Even if they win a majority of seats with <50% of the overall vote, which would be understandable tbf as if he was acting like the overall should mean more than seat numbers then you can't just change your own rules if his scenario was inverted.  Stupid thing for him to say.