Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

SNP hold Greenock & Inverclyde. Small reduction in majority. Swing to Labour of 1.7%.

The years I lived there it was the safest Labour seats in existence. A donkey in a red rosette could have gotten voted in.

3 minutes ago, Adamski said:

Mentioned this earlier in the thread, but there's not much scope to vote tactically in constituencies if you support independence. 

But this is the same reason that explains why t SNP will win every Scottish election til independence - as vote concentrated in one party.

11 minutes ago, strichener said:

Who actually votes for the lib dems? 

Tories.

The Tories used to hold Edinburgh West at Westminster, this time they lost more than half of what few votes they had, down to 6%.

Tories will vote for anyone that can beat the SNP, because they are monomaniacal.

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

The years I lived there it was the safest Labour seats in existence. A donkey in a red rosette could have gotten voted in.

Now they put them in a strip. 

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Tories.

The Tories used to hold Edinburgh West at Westminster, this time they lost more than half of what few votes they had, down to 6%.

Tories will vote for anyone that can beat the SNP, because they are monomaniacal.

Surely the Lib Dems are the vote for areas that would vote Tory but the Tory's are too unpalatable. 

18 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Pretty clear tactical voting from the yoons here.

I fucking despise my neighbours. Electing the biggest c**t in Scottish politics.

There's a strong vein that runs through suburban Edinburgh personified by V-necked jumper wearing old p***ks who get annoyed if they see others getting something good if they're not benefiting, even if it doesn't affect them at all. 

5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

But this is the same reason that explains why t SNP will win every Scottish election til independence - as vote concentrated in one party.

Yes, but tactical vote for the Greens on the list increases the pro-independence majority. I'd be surprised if they don't gain a few seats tomorrow.