Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

😂 I'll bet you fifty quid that if they don't get anyone elected this weekend they won't be contesting the next Scottish Parliament election.

They are nothing but a vanity project for a disgraced former politician. Who do you think picked the ranking of the candidates?

Aren't we supposed to be independent by then?

This bit is quite ironic, considering your party commissioned two giant buses, emblazoned with the leader's face, for this campaign.

Edited by Burning Barns

4 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I don't get why 40 odd % don't vote

Maybe they’re of the opinion that whoever you vote for it won’t make a blind bit of difference. Infrastructure will still be fucked, there will still be no money, the local council will still be useless and the roads will still be falling to bits.

if you started a Miserablism Party you could be onto a winner.

Just now, 101 said:

Kudos to the independent candidate in Roxburgh who was dressed up as William Wallace

Jessie Ray. I thought he had beat Labour for a second there but it was the Lib Dems. 😂

1 minute ago, betting competition said:

Just notice that the bbc will go to the Six O'Clock news - who cares about the English news this is more important. 

Coverage switches to the BBC Scotland channel at 6 before going back to BBC 1 at 6.30

Just now, Stormzy said:

Jessie Ray. I thought he had beat Labour for a second there but it was the Lib Dems. 😂

I thought it was part of the background picture until they moved

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Maybe they’re of the opinion that whoever you vote for it won’t make a blind bit of difference. Infrastructure will still be fucked, there will still be no money, the local council will still be useless and the roads will still be falling to bits.

if you started a Miserablism Party you could be onto a winner.

1 minute ago, Burning Barns said:

Aren't we supposed to independent by then?

This bit is quite ironic, considering your party commissioned two giant buses, emblazoned with the leader's face, for this campaign.

I'm sorry, who is my party?

1 minute ago, the snudge said:

I don't get why 40 odd % don't vote

I know plenty of people who, on the face of it, appear to be rational, intelligent, and well adjusted folk, yet as soon as you mention politics you get met with -

"aw man... cannae be bothered wi aw that shite. Politicians are aw a bunch o chancers anyway. They're all the same so it doesnae make any difference to me who's running the country. Waste of time voting etc"  and so on.

Some people genuinely take no interest in politics and current affairs. It's a waste of time trying to explain to them why it is actually important, because there's such a disconnect in their minds between what happens to them on a day-to-day basis and that being a result of what transpires inside polling booths.  I don't think you could ever inspire most of them to take an interest any more than you could inspire me to suddenly become enthusiastic about any number of things I have zero time for and no pre-existing interest in.

I also think there will be a significant minority who would vote if it was ultra-convenient but don't bother because they either can't be arsed going to the polling station, or 'don't trust' postal voting, are unaware of that possibility. There will be one hell of a lot of inconsistent voters who might only vote in every 2nd, 3rd, or 4th election too. It's not the exact same 40% just not bothering each and every time.

The borders is such a strange mix of posh quaint areas next to complete depravity and then in the middle loads of working class folk who are convinced that they are middle class. The result isn't a surprise at all but hopefully it doesn't have much of an impact.

9 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Jessie Rae - He hasn't aged a bit.

Still got my signed Greatest Hits CD - with a thank you message from his mum.

Edited by btb

My only objection with non-voters is when they are used by the losers of any given election to complain. They'll add them in to try and denigrate the share of the vote the winners received.