Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

4 hours ago, Crùbag said:

I think seeing Baillie and arseCole-Hamilton lose their seats would trump that Portillo loss years ago.

As to what's happening in England... Christ on a crutch. The likes of Hartlepool and Sunderland voting Tory.

Let's get Indyref2 a.s.a.p.

I mean it’d be great but I doubt it. The SNP’s campaign has been shite. Their manifesto is shite and their performance in government has been shite. 

3 hours ago, GordonS said:
4 hours ago, GiGi said:
Baillie sounds like she's shiting herself. Increased turnout in a marginal seat is not good news for her. 

I disagree, her vote is middle class and increased turnout in this election might very well mean greater differential turnout this time All those folk who usually commute to Glasgow are working from home, and middle class people are always more likely to get postal votes. I think she'll win by a couple of thousand.

Yep, that plus the snp candidate for Dumbarton was underwhelming to say the least. 

2 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Turnout looks like it's going to be up from 2016, Perthshire North up to 69.9% from 62.7% and Aberdeen Donside up to 58.3% from 50.7%

55 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Good old Clydebank. But lab up 10^

Labour candidate for Clydebank is an excellent local councillor who took some votes off SNP, know quite a few people who are just scunnered with them in Clydebank. 

JOHN CURTICE'S WIFE: John would you like a cup of tea?
JOHN CURTICE: While at this stage of proceedings yesterday I did indeed want a cup of tea, I had not had a glass of water, as I have done today. This may be a factor which could delay, or possibly even completely eliminate, the expected cup of tea drinking. However it is also the case that I enjoy the taste of tea, so one must not rule out the possibility that despite not needing one to satisfy my thirst, I may still have the cup of tea. At this point it remains too early to draw firm conclusions from incoming data streams.

MUSSUS BUNFIELD!!!

Looks to me as though the Conservative voters were happy to give  a tactical vote to Labour where they thought they could stop SNP,  but it has not been reciprocated.

That would be bad news for SNP in East Lothian & Dumbarton but possibly good in Edinburgh Central & Ayr

For those of you keeping an eye on Dumbarton, I'm sat in a boiling hot hall live blogging it. The count doesn't get underway until 3pm(ish) but it's the best way to keep up to date with how things are going (imo).

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/live-scottish-election-eyes-dumbarton-24058470

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Ayr looking good for SNP

As is Edinburgh Central, Tory vote has collapsed with the popular Ruth Davidson not running. Green source on twitter saying they could slip to 4th behind Labour and the Greens.