Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

I can't see how the Tories hold Edinburgh Central. Candidate far more popular than her party gone and a pretty popular SNP heavyweight in as candiadate. 

Other seats in Edinburgh less likely gains I'd say, but would consider that one a safe bet. 

13 minutes ago, Paco said:

There’s a lot of weird local things going on, probably even more than usual. Would expect huge dent into SNP seats in Aberdeen and surrounding areas because of the local lockdown last summer. Really seems to be a feeling that Sturgeon herself despises Aberdeen up there. Edinburgh Western and Southern were surely huge targets but the local gammonati are furious about cycle lanes and pavements from the SNP-led council, so I think the chances are gone there. Edinburgh Central might even suffer the same fate, having previously looked a slam-dunk without Ruth and Robertson coming back onto the scene.

I don’t think the focus on independence in the last few days of the campaign will have been kind to the SNP. I’ll say 62 SNP, four or five new seats for the Greens, and the Tories losing a few seats overall but still being comfortably second ahead of a Labour in disarray.

Only 40% of households in Edinburgh Central have a car, so I really can't see that. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Rebecca Curran could announce a Tory landslide and she would still make me smile.

Attractive girl, I met her a few times when she was a young, local journalist in Aberdeen. My main impression of her was that she was very ambitious and driven and a wee bit full of herself, nice enough though.

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

She's a tough campaigner and she's kept that seat against bigger odds. 

I wouldn't like to try and remove her from her seat.