Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Successful coalitions are common around Europe, so I don't see why the Lib Dems' disaster should have much bearing. I'd imagine the milestone of a government post would be tempting and the manifesto differences might be manageable. But like I said, just my hunch.
The SNP have been shite on GHG emissions from transport and agriculture, they're still heavily into building unnecessary roads and they reneged on their manifesto commitment to reform gender recognition. The parties are a long way apart on fundamental issues. I think the Greens might be spooked by coalitions with Greens in other European parties, especially in Ireland. The SNP managed a minority government with just 1 more MSP than Labour so they certainly don't need a coalition. I can't see it happening.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
2 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:
Hi all, 
I'm mates with Big Sturgeon and she has told me the results:
SNP: 43%
Con: 42%
Lib: 7%
Green: 6%
Lab: 1%
Com: 0.9%
Make of that what you will. 

My only conclusion is you are a bawbag

Well. He does support Aberdeen!

Parties won't release their data, or responsible parties don't. I imagine gimps like ACH probably do. 

You get asked by a journalist how it's going and you mumble that things look positive or if it's going badly "too early to say". 

In Pete Wisharts 2017 election where Pete won by 21 votes we had no clue on the ground what was happening as it was so close. 

BBC journalist asks me what is going on and I look at the Tory candidate across the hall and said "The Tories don't look like they are doing cartwheels".

5 minutes later on BBC Scotland Twitter feed - SNP confident they have won well in Perth and North Perthshire 

Edited by invergowrie arab

Just now, Donathan said:

Willie Rennie expected to retain his North East Fife seat with a substantial increase on his 3,500 majority. Suggestion is that the Tory vote has collapsed and gone to Rennie.

The electoral version of this.

1ribery.gif.8c2633f290ecb28afb56cc4de0791250.gif

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This is the exact story we heard about Indyref in 2014 but it turned out to be the opposite.

We'll know soon enough.

I think the folk doing door knocking were telling different stories to people counting car stickers. 

We knew we had brought a load of folk along to make it close but I don't know many close to The campaign who thought we had won.

A lot of the focus was on Dundee, Glasgow and surrounds which made it look like a huge Yes wave.

You would be better off taking the temperature in Clackmannashire

ETA I'm not saying my confidence and observations aren't complete shite.

Edited by invergowrie arab

There’s a lot of weird local things going on, probably even more than usual. Would expect huge dent into SNP seats in Aberdeen and surrounding areas because of the local lockdown last summer. Really seems to be a feeling that Sturgeon herself despises Aberdeen up there. Edinburgh Western and Southern were surely huge targets but the local gammonati are furious about cycle lanes and pavements from the SNP-led council, so I think the chances are gone there. Edinburgh Central might even suffer the same fate, having previously looked a slam-dunk without Ruth and Robertson coming back onto the scene.

I don’t think the focus on independence in the last few days of the campaign will have been kind to the SNP. I’ll say 62 SNP, four or five new seats for the Greens, and the Tories losing a few seats overall but still being comfortably second ahead of a Labour in disarray.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I really wished we had ranked voting for these elections.  Ranking all those candidates would've been some laugh.  I might still be at the polling station now it was so long!

I thought that we used to have ranked voting for the List. Am I mistaken? I’m sure I had to fill in numbers rather than 1 X in the past.

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

Edinburgh Western and Southern were surely huge targets but the local gammonati are furious about cycle lanes and pavements from the SNP-led council

Worst part is the chief-gammons are likely to get in on the list.