Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Don't know where South Cunninghame covers, which football team you support can come into play down here as well. 

Irvine, Kilwinning and Stevenston. Ruth Maguire won with over 52% of the vote in 2016.

Not long back after waiting for 40 mins here in Dundee. Fucking mental - and there's no doubt turnout will be affected by this. I saw at least 5 voters turn and walk away when they seen the queue.

Anyway, 2 x snp and greens from me and the wife.

7 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Still swithering between the Greens and Wightman on the list.  I'm voting for the Greens locally for definite (don't like Ewing), but swithering on the list.  I do like the thought of voting for an independent candidate.

Went for both votes Green in the end for this unshowered, unshaven, solar-powered-van-driving hippy.

Woman at the desk said they'd been non-stop since 7 and the list vote box was so full ballots were literally sticking out the flap!

Edited by Highland Capital

6 hours ago, paolo2143 said:

What is worrying me is thaetthe betting 7 market odds on Dumbarton, Aberdeen West, Eastwood , East Lothian, Ayr, Dumfriesshire , Edinburgh South and Caithness & Sutherland have all been moving away from SNP and towards one of the Unionist parties over last 72 hours.

If that is the case we can definitely say goodbye to SNP majority and we need to hope the Greens do really well on List vote to strengthen Pro Indy majority. As many have said before it is madness to vote SNP on list in West of Scotland, Lothian & Glasgow areas as the only way to go is Greens on list.

SNP both votes seems good idea in South of Scotland and Highlands as that is where they will need to pick up list MSP's if they lose a lot of the tightly contested constituency seats.

I voted in Edinburgh South. Labour have really targeted this seat and we've had about 10 different Labour leaflets through the door the last month. Today's one was aimed at Tories showing it to be a 2 horse race between Labour and SNP.

Weather wasn't the best for 79 year old Ma Bam who's been voting since she was 21 (before the 1970 Act that reduced the voting age) and there was a queue at the polling station but fortunately they let her go to the front of the queue.

I take it because of Covid there are no party observers at polling stations as you usually get. I like walking past and smiling at twats in blue rosettes to give them false hope..

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Went for both votes Green in the end for this unshowered, unshaven, solar-powered-van-driving hippy.

Woman at the desk said they'd been non-stop since 7 and the list vote box was so full ballots were literally sticking out the flap!

The ballot box for the peach slips was pretty packed at my polling station. I said this to the nice polling officer (wid) and she pointed to a big stick like a teacher's blackboard ruler that they use to stuff down the slips!

Guest Jedi

Higher ever turnout in a Scottish election has been 58%, and that in the first one in 1999. Reckon it will be around the 50% mark overall this time.

10 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Going by the P&B exit poll, Paddy Harvie could be leader of the opposition!

That would be cool, then they can just have a big light hearted love in like the big parliament down south.

23 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

SNP/ Alba for me.... last minute decision on the list. First time I've crossed a box for anyone other than SNP.

Wife did both votes SNP. Told her the second vote was a waste, she told me to f**k off. 😂

She'd have been quite correct in telling you the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Hmm, interesting that Na h-Eileanan an Iar will declare tomorrow, but the remote, inaccessible community of *checks notes* fucking Edinburgh Eastern will not declare until Saturday.

Sorry this has no doubt been discussed before but I can’t be fucked scrolling through the whole thread, why is that? Dundee West and East declaring on consecutive days too?