Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Just walked for 10 minutes in the pishing rain to draw a cock and balls on my constituency ballot. An unparalleled commitment to the sacred democratic process there. 2nd vote for the Green m9's 

Didn't realise there were so many on the list. Do we really need 3 or 4 boot licking, abolish Holyrood parties ? 

25 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I hope you are right. The bookies job is to balance the books for the bets and earn a big wad. I just hope that the odds are being affected by unionist bears eejits with more money than sense. 

Mind in the last UK election and folk on Twitter were getting excited because Johnson, JRM etc were getting the vote out at 8pm etc - folk thinking they were struggling etc ; yet we all know how that went. 80 odd seat majority for the Toads.

1 hour ago, paolo2143 said:

What is worrying me is thaetthe betting 7 market odds on Dumbarton, Aberdeen West, Eastwood , East Lothian, Ayr, Dumfriesshire , Edinburgh South and Caithness & Sutherland have all been moving away from SNP and towards one of the Unionist parties over last 72 hours.

Aye, as others have said the bookies are trying to make money, not predictions. A lot of folk who bet on politics are idiots backing their team rather than trying to win money and the bookies need to limit their liability. I got 3/1 on Leave, which was crazy odds, and I made more on Biden than on every other bet I've ever made combined.

If the SNP odds get long enough in Ayr, Edin Central and Aberdeenshire West I'll definitely be getting on. Those races are tossups. 9/4 on the Tories in Perthshire South & Kinrosshire looks good value too.

Anyway, betting thread for this pish.

1 hour ago, paolo2143 said:

What is worrying me is thaetthe betting 7 market odds on Dumbarton, Aberdeen West, Eastwood , East Lothian, Ayr, Dumfriesshire , Edinburgh South and Caithness & Sutherland have all been moving away from SNP and towards one of the Unionist parties over last 72 hours.

If that is the case we can definitely say goodbye to SNP majority and we need to hope the Greens do really well on List vote to strengthen Pro Indy majority. As many have said before it is madness to vote SNP on list in West of Scotland, Lothian & Glasgow areas as the only way to go is Greens on list.

SNP both votes seems good idea in South of Scotland and Highlands as that is where they will need to pick up list MSP's if they lose a lot of the tightly contested constituency seats.

39 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Betting means nothing. They don't have special inside knowledge or anything. 

22 minutes ago, renton said:

Political betting markets don't have a lot of liquidity. One bet either way can push the odds quite far.

Aye the bookies are reacting to bets more than anything else at this point so it may well be a few punters like our dearly departed (hope he's alright) @welshbairn lumping on the second placed candidates which will be bringing the odds in.

21 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

The bookies went from Trump 1/5 to Biden odds on in like 3 hours in November, they know nothing.

I’ve just voted SNP/Green in Glasgow Anniesland. Struggled to get the list paper into the ballot box cause of how big it was. Also Glasgow Anniesland is a ridiculous name for the constituency.

Thanks to the massive panic and Trump backing at like 2am our time on election night I managed to get 200 odd quid on Biden at 15/8. I'll never get an easier win at the bookies unless Conor McGregor fights another boxer.

Just walked for 10 minutes in the pishing rain to draw a cock and balls on my constituency ballot. An unparalleled commitment to the sacred democratic process there. 2nd vote for the Green m9's 
Didn't realise there were so many on the list. Do we really need 3 or 4 boot licking, abolish Holyrood parties ? 

Seen that on the UKIP thing. UK Independence but only for some parts of the UK.

Is there any reason the counts aren’t starting until the morning?

I can understand them taking longer to tally if there’s fewer people counting votes due to social distancing, but I don’t see why that means starting the next morning rather than straight away as is the norm.

Is there an exit poll? Might not be entirely accurate as to whether it’s an SNP majority given how tight the margins are, but would be nice to have a rough idea of how it’ll go before Saturday.

Personal prediction - SNP will miss a majority by 2-5. Greens will gain a few more than last time, Alba will get one seat. Comfortable ‘indy majority’ that will be spun as irrelevant.

I think the campaign has drifted, especially in recent days, onto independence solely and independence is not as popular as Nicola Sturgeon. That can only have helped the unionist parties but especially the Tories, who are very good at getting the vote out.

I’ve made the horrendous mistake of starting drinking, my usual modus operandi on Election Day it’s shit that the count isn’t tonight, on the bright side, an excuse to drink tomorrow & Saturday, so every cloud etc. Hoping to be on the cigars come Saturday, providing there’s an SNP majority & Greens increase their seats.
Despite Sarwars decent showing in the campaign, I’ve a feeling the yoon votes will coalesce behind the Tories & have a feeling Labour will do terribly, DRoss to be rag-dolled at Hollyrood weekly, is a thing of joy.

Are people genuinely voting Alba ffs.

If you want independence and to use the voting system properly just vote green on the second vote, why on Earth would you vote to give a rapist a position of power? Beyond belief man!

41 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Just back. Voted SNP/ALBA. 

Got a great feeling. We can do this. 

Throne of lies, Stormzy. THRONE. OF. LIES.

Edited by GiGi

16 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Are people genuinely voting Alba ffs.

If you want independence and to use the voting system properly just vote green on the second vote, why on Earth would you vote to give a rapist a position of power? Beyond belief man!

As opposed to sex pests, paedos and their enablers by your logic. 

36 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Aye the bookies are reacting to bets more than anything else at this point so it may well be a few punters like our dearly departed (hope he's alright) @welshbairn lumping on the second placed candidates which will be bringing the odds in.

Thanks to the massive panic and Trump backing at like 2am our time on election night I managed to get 200 odd quid on Biden at 15/8. I'll never get an easier win at the bookies unless Conor McGregor fights another boxer.

Remember getting £200 on at 1/2 in a photo at Ayr races about 35 years ago, great when you know it's definitely won.