Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Polling station was busy, no queues outside but the it’s quite a quiet place anyway.
Two votes SNP/Green (Angus), girlfriend had to be reminded which vote went for the list, but she did well.
Met a girl I went to school with outside after voting, she’s Ex Forces so thought she’d be a
Unionist type, but pleased to hear she also voted SNP/ Green.

2 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Why is Edinburgh West such a LibDem house?

They don't like the grief they'd get if they were openly Tories, they are too into the Chelsea Tractors to vote Green, they are too worried about house prices to vote Labour and are too gutless to vote SNP.  So they vote for a Libdem who sounds like a Tory. 

10 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Why is Edinburgh West such a LibDem house?

It’s a relatively affluent area, or at least lots of it is, which tends to be where the unionists are best supported I think. For reasons which I’m not certain of, the Lib Dem’s are the party round here which the unionists have rallied round. A huge proportion of the Lib Dem vote here would vote for either Labour or the Tories if they lived somewhere else.

FWIW, 2x SNP/Green from my Edinburgh West abode.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

They don't like the grief they'd get if they were openly Tories, they are too into the Chelsea Tractors to vote Green, they are too worried about house prices to vote Labour and are too gutless to vote SNP.  So they vote for a Libdem who sounds like a Tory. 

My dad use the term Chelsea Tractor the other day and he had to explain to me what it was.  It's a very apt description.

SNP / Green for me in a couple of hours when I finish work.

I spoke to my mum earlier and her and my stepdad will be SNP / SNP which is fair enough really since they were still Labour / No voters in 2014. Did try to give them a bit more info on the Greens but not disappointed in their choices these days regardless.

56 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

What is worrying me is thaetthe betting 7 market odds on Dumbarton, Aberdeen West, Eastwood , East Lothian, Ayr, Dumfriesshire , Edinburgh South and Caithness & Sutherland have all been moving away from SNP and towards one of the Unionist parties over last 72 hours.

Betting means nothing. They don't have special inside knowledge or anything. 

6 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Betting means nothing. They don't have special inside knowledge or anything. 

I hope you are right. The bookies job is to balance the books for the bets and earn a big wad. I just hope that the odds are being affected by unionist bears eejits with more money than sense. 

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I hope you are right. The bookies job is to balance the books for the bets and earn a big wad. I just hope that the odds are being affected by unionist bears eejits with more money than sense. 

Political betting markets don't have a lot of liquidity. One bet either way can push the odds quite far.

The bookies went from Trump 1/5 to Biden odds on in like 3 hours in November, they know nothing.

I’ve just voted SNP/Green in Glasgow Anniesland. Struggled to get the list paper into the ballot box cause of how big it was. Also Glasgow Anniesland is a ridiculous name for the constituency.

2 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

The bookies went from Trump 1/5 to Biden odds on in like 3 hours in November, they know nothing.

I’ve just voted SNP/Green in Glasgow Anniesland. Struggled to get the list paper into the ballot box cause of how big it was. Also Glasgow Anniesland is a ridiculous name for the constituency.

Fair point. I can remember Salmond on TV in the early hours of the brexit count saying you could still gert a bet on leave, as remain was still expected to win.