Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Voted about 7.10 and it seemed a bit busier than it would normally be, wonder if that's an indication that it might be a decent turnout?. Staff seemed a bit disorganised with no signs indicating the one way system that people were being told about when they were heading out the same door they came in. One person at a desk instead of the usual 2 🤔

Voted SNP/Green 👍

I postal voted SNP/SNP in the Highlands.
My dad voted SNP/SNP  and my mum will be voting SNP/Green in Perthshire.
Think my grand parents have voted Labour and Tory though. Ffs [emoji24]

If it makes you feel any better her grandparents have voted Tory/SFP.

My Grandads refusing to vote because they’re all “A shower of b*****ds.”

I've read a few articles recently on the SNP gaining a good chunk of the young vote, people who will be voting for the first time.  Surely there will be a lot of young ***s voting Tory too, so I'm not sure it's the home run some of the journos think is it.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've read a few articles recently on the SNP gaining a good chunk of the young vote, people who will be voting for the first time.  Surely there will be a lot of young ***s voting Tory too, so I'm not sure it's the home run some of the journos think is it.

Yip my niece is a first time voter she already voted snp/ green and I'm guessing all her pals will most likely be the same 

Kev will be heading to vote soon in Dundee East with his 18 year old son.

This is his first time voting and I believe he's voting SNP.

People of his age group are our future so it's important that we encourage them to get out and vote [emoji994] and make their voices heard.

Humbling – and a little sad – to see the extent of the coverage of the Holyrood election in Europe. Well covered by French newspapers, and a front page headline ("The Scottish Temptation" in the main French-speaking paper in Switzerland, with a full-page article inside (“It is remarkable to have a party in power so long which is still considered the most competent of all”) covering the battle for Edinburgh Central as well as a summary of the road to independence. Honestly, it's more reasoned than just about anything I've read in any of our papers.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 08.23.08 copy.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-06 at 08.29.23 copy.png

Can't think of the last time I saw articles about European politics on the front cover of a British paper. Unless of course you include the jingoistic stuff about gunboats in Jersey (which  isn't given the slightest notice by French papers because everyone knows it's a non-story). But this stuff is lapped up in this country.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 08.41.25 copy.png

Edited by Mr Heliums

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

For all of this talk of SNP votes "shifting across on the list", it has to be acknowledged that there is also a lot of shift the other way. I'm a Green Party supporter, but I often vote SNP in the constituency list and or for Westminster because there isn't a Green candidate standing.

Yes, absolutely. Something that many in the SNP fail to acknowledge.