Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Nice to see that the BBC squeezing in Willie Rennie to the lunchtime Politics Live programme on BBC.  Wonder if he can keep his foot out of his gob? Should be safe enough as long as nobody asks him about democracy. 
Sticking to attacking the Tory's, he's done not too bad, pity he can't do the same in Holyrood.

Just now, jakedee said:
43 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:
Nice to see that the BBC squeezing in Willie Rennie to the lunchtime Politics Live programme on BBC.  Wonder if he can keep his foot out of his gob? Should be safe enough as long as nobody asks him about democracy. 

Sticking to attacking the Tory's, he's done not too bad, pity he can't do the same in Holyrood.

It was pretty inoffensive in terms of the Scottish election, but he has just been asked about his energy manifesto.  Isn't that a bit naughty? 

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

More leaflets through the door.

Scottish Family party: wanks

Lib Dems: wanks

Green Party: Good guys

Tories: wanks.

And about the 6th Labour leaflet. I thought they were skint.

Join the party you support and you won't get any canvassing or leaflets through the door, the other parties soon find out where the party members reside.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Join the party you support and you won't get any canvassing or leaflets through the door, the other parties soon find out where the party members reside.

I support the Tam the Bam for Dictator for Life Party but haven't got round to registering it yet.

I suppose it might be different these days but back in the day when my folks were active party members and displayed posters in the window we still got leaflets through the door from other parties!

33 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

All for Unity election broadcast currently on STV and oh my it's a cracker.

Cat botherer shouting at the TV wearing a fedora with absolutely nothing positive to say, backed up by some other nutters, with a RAF logo in the top right hand corner, what’s not to like?

”I’m a business women who does business”, Jesus Christ :lol:

I get that it isn't aimed at an independence supporter like me, but it was absolutely fucking mental. Although, fair play to Galloway for somehow finding a group of people even weirder than himself to stand as candidates. 

I especially enjoyed the strategically-placed Churchill portrait. 

Edited by DrewDon

Not a joke or a dig, I think Galloway is showing signs of mental health issues; the guy is unstable.  The instability may be driven my serious ego issues but it’s a thin dividing line between laughing at what he has become and having sympathy for it.

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not a joke or a dig, I think Galloway is showing signs of mental health issues; the guy is unstable.  The instability may be driven my serious ego issues but it’s a thin dividing line between laughing at what he has become and having sympathy for it.

Been thinking this for a while. There’s definitely something up mentally. However, it’s clear it’s being allowed free reign (and actively enabled) rather than treated. The boy’s mental health issues are becoming a danger to himself and others. My guess (as a non-professional) would be untreated Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

• Have an exaggerated or grandiose sense of self-importance
  • Live in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Exploit others to get what they want (without guilt or shame) 
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious

F26B4856-28C8-4576-A54C-3A9C6A5F3F73.jpeg

Edited by Antlion

13 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Been thinking this for a while. There’s definitely something up mentally. However, it’s clear it’s being allowed free reign (and actively enabled) rather than treated. The boy’s mental health issues are becoming a danger to himself and others. My guess (as a non-professional) would be untreated Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

• Have an exaggerated or grandiose sense of self-importance
  • Live in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Exploit others to get what they want (without guilt or shame) 
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious

F26B4856-28C8-4576-A54C-3A9C6A5F3F73.jpeg

Trumpian. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I just think he's in the wee black book, his eyes have certainly portrayed that for 7 or 8 years. 

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

f**k him. Get him in the sea along with his band of weirdo c***s. 

Sorry for doing this and I promise not to do it again but there was an issue on the voting for Alba party thread that I replied to which is directly relevant to this thread so I thought it MIGHT be helpful to repost here. Here goes - "Look, a moderately well-educated 10 year old can "do sums".  I've yet to see a calculation that results in a good outcome (i.e. as far as I'm concerned, Pro-independence) of voting SNP 1&2 in most of the country. Take Lothian as an example. Splitting the pro-indy list vote between the SNP, Greens and Alba just makes it more likely that the Tories, Labour or LibDems will have larger vote counts than each of them and will win otherwise winnable list seats thus reducing parliamentary support for the cause of independence.  It would only work, I think, if the SNP lost FPTP seats in Lothian.  If the SNP hold the FPTP seats that the won last time, or  win more seats, like Edinburgh Central, SNP votes on the list become even more "wasted".  I am in Edinburgh and I have a postal vote this time. I have voted SNP for the constituency and the Greens on the list.  I can't see the Alba shower making any significant dent in the Greens or the SNP votes - certainly not enough to go above them in the votes total table.  They have absolutely no chance of taking votes from the Tories, Labour or the LibDems!  In my view, a vote for Alba unnecessarily splits a well established Pro-independence voting block. Electorally, Alba they are the unionists best friend on the lists and any respect I had for Alex Salmond is long gone... and in case Alex is watching this thread, which I doubt, I consider myself to be a "fair-minded person" .  He had his chance, and he blew it.  He wants to move on.  I wish him all the best in moving on.  Getting back into front line, confrontational politics is NOT moving on. The plain fact that his involvement might now adversely affect the cause of independence is absolutely damnable.  He has let his ego get the better of him. Malt now in hand! "