Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

46 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That bordered on tubthumping by AY-nas. He spoke well, inciting the spirit of Keir Hardie and Donald Dewar but Gordon Brown?

Gordon Brown is a lying rat scumbag who preyed on the fears of pensioners during the Project Fear campaign. A man to be reviled not revered.

I was finding it quite positive from him until indeed he dug up Brown-but given his New Labour career he could hardly miss him out. He will not be getting my vote anyway. I think I have now decided SNP 1 Green 2 in Airdrie /Shotts. 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

What a spineless, weaselly wee shite (with apologies to invertebrates, weasels and faecal matter everywhere.)

That's a massive nail in his coffin.

You can imagine Rees-Mogg choking on his Lapsang chai  then calling for the linesman's heed.

SNP 2 in Fife pointless this election? I’ve always gone SNP 1 and 2 but coming round to giving the Greens my second vote. I’m not a Green supporter but if it helps punt a Unionist I’ll lend them my List vote.

Looking at the list vote from 2016, the Green vote would have to double to get a second MSP, but certainly with a clean-sweep across the region aside from Willie Rennie’s seat in the constituency vote it’s hard to see a route to the SNP picking up anyone on the list vote.

Very small chance of Cowdenbeath flipping back to Labour in which case over 100k votes from last time would need to be lost to prevent the SNP picking the seat back up on the list.

I don’t think there’ll be any movement in the region to be honest. A chance of NE Fife going back to the SNP is about it.

54 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

SNP 2 in Fife pointless this election? I’ve always gone SNP 1 and 2 but coming round to giving the Greens my second vote. I’m not a Green supporter but if it helps punt a Unionist I’ll lend them my List vote.

It’s a view that’s hopefully gathering momentum.  Seen a few ‘Both votes SNP’ banners on my journey into Carnoustie today, hopefully many people will be more savvy.

10 hours ago, Paco said:

Looking at the list vote from 2016, the Green vote would have to double to get a second MSP, but certainly with a clean-sweep across the region aside from Willie Rennie’s seat in the constituency vote it’s hard to see a route to the SNP picking up anyone on the list vote.

Very small chance of Cowdenbeath flipping back to Labour in which case over 100k votes from last time would need to be lost to prevent the SNP picking the seat back up on the list.

I don’t think there’ll be any movement in the region to be honest. A chance of NE Fife going back to the SNP is about it.

Worth noting that if the SNP were to take NE Fife back from the Lib Dems, then on 2016 list votes that would have the Lib Dems picking up a list seat at the expense of the Greens, so a second vote for the Greens is definitely worthwhile.

Even with the Lib Dems winning that seat the SNP were 40K votes away from a list seat having already taken 120K, whereas the Greens took just under 18K to take the final list seat.

They were only 500 behind by the Tories for the second last list seat, and only 2600 short of the total Lib Dem list vote. If 5K of that SNP list vote goes Green then it's probably ensuring they keep their current one at the expense of the Lib Dems or Tories. If a more fanciful 20K or so were to switch it'd give them a serious shot at gaining a second.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A fantastically demented performance on Radio Scotland there from George Galloway.

I think he came across better on Big Brother.

He can't possibly have topped that TV interview posted yesterday. Surely 😂

On 07/04/2021 at 11:27, DA Baracus said:

Got this through the door earlier. The absolute state of these utter scum. Total pieces of shit.

20210407_111346.thumb.jpg.dd858d06cc1c79e6dcd1f5321ce073ef.jpg

Crikey... They'll be in trouble with the DUP over copyright issues... The DUP are already known as the Political Wing of the Old Testament.  Who do these chancers think they are? Maybe they are forming a new UK party with the DUP to represent those who'd prefer to live in the Dark Ages. 

I'm in Edinburgh and appear to be a scarce commodity around here... I'm a Rangers fan, I have always supported the SNP, can't stand Royalty and I'm an atheist.   (I don't think there's many of us about!) The consensus appears to be that in these parts the best votes to secure the best pro-indy outcome is SNP for the FPTP constituency and Green for the regional list. Unless anything major happens, I can't see much to change that approach.  Always happy to hear of additional views...

55 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Crikey... They'll be in trouble with the DUP over copyright issues... The DUP are already known as the Political Wing of the Old Testament.  Who do these chancers think they are? Maybe they are forming a new UK party with the DUP to represent those who'd prefer to live in the Dark Ages. 

I'm in Edinburgh and appear to be a scarce commodity around here... I'm a Rangers fan, I have always supported the SNP, can't stand Royalty and I'm an atheist.   (I don't think there's many of us about!) The consensus appears to be that in these parts the best votes to secure the best pro-indy outcome is SNP for the FPTP constituency and Green for the regional list. Unless anything major happens, I can't see much to change that approach.  Always happy to hear of additional views...

Just had a look at that election flyer and, tbh, I have no problems with seven out of the eight.

Probably an age thing but most of my contemporaries would probably feel the same.

Maybe, for a laugh, ask your parents what they make of it? Let us know the response.

Just had a look at that election flyer and, tbh, I have no problems with seven out of the eight.
Probably an age thing but most of my contemporaries would probably feel the same.
Maybe, for a laugh, ask your parents what they make of it? Let us know the response.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

"Your parents are probably auld bigots like me" is a long way from the stunning victory you think it us

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Which one do you have a problem with?

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, it would be interesting if I could speak to my parents but as I am an atheist it seems unlikely... until science comes up with a means of communicating with the dead it would pretty much be a one way conversation with replies a no-no! 

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Well, it would be interesting if I could speak to my parents but as I am an atheist it seems unlikely... until science comes up with a means of communicating with the dead it would pretty much be a one way conversation with replies a no-no! 

Sorry about that.

Im also an atheist so, at least we can agree on that.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Grammar

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sorry about that.

Im also an atheist so, at least we can agree on that.

It's ok, no problem... I'm in my 60s and my folks died decades ago.  Dad was a former Labour voter who was eventually in favour of independence, Mum was a Labour supporter all her days of the "that bitch Thatcher" club.  Dad was also a Church of Scotland elder, but I didn't just oppose everything he stood for in his younger Labour days - he was a Rangers fan all his days.  All the Queen/Union Jack/Rule Britannia guff gives me the boak, so I'll be quite happy for the Unionists to be given the mother and father of all bloody noses at the election. 

There's a 24 hour firesale for my list vote, up for grabs for whichever party is happy to tweet out a 'FTQ', or at least a more considered dingying of BBC-dictated 'mood of the nation' faux grief in favour of continued campaigning.

The Greens have the bidding and look like closing the deal.

31 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

There's a 24 hour firesale for my list vote, up for grabs for whichever party is happy to tweet out a 'FTQ', or at least a more considered dingying of BBC-dictated 'mood of the nation' faux grief in favour of continued campaigning.

1 hour ago, AMMjag said:

Better watch out -  if the  Tories hear that a vote is available they'll be on to you with a Knighthood or a seat on the board of a bank.  Tory democracy - the best democracy money can buy.