Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NathanQP

Brechin Vs Qp

Recommended Posts

My eyes register the win but my heart isn’t buying it. I can’t bloomin wait to get in stadiums. 

When there is noise off the pitch, all the players can do is put points on the table. Cheers lads. Comfortable win. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

My eyes register the win but my heart isn’t buying it. I can’t bloomin wait to get in stadiums. 

When there is noise off the pitch, all the players can do is put points on the table. Cheers lads. Comfortable win. 

 

Yeah, there's a definite emptiness about it. On the park is, at most, 50% of what the joy of the fitba' is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fitba’ is reflecting life at the moment...hang in there and hope for fun times to be part of life soon. Seems to have been a trend this season for lighting up very quickly and fizzling out a bit. The guys were still at it til the end though. One of these days the 20 shots will get a better return. 

With so few games to go I can’t see any circumstance where we’ll lose the title. Motivation of a big squad will keep Ray busy. 

MotM: Ray for managing to fill the two minute post-match with a nothing fixture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The fitba’ is reflecting life at the moment...hang in there and hope for fun times to be part of life soon. Seems to have been a trend this season for lighting up very quickly and fizzling out a bit. The guys were still at it til the end though. One of these days the 20 shots will get a better return. 

With so few games to go I can’t see any circumstance where we’ll lose the title. Motivation of a big squad will keep Ray busy. 

MotM: Ray for managing to fill the two minute post-match with a nothing fixture.

In reality, QP should win every game now playing against exhausted part timers playing 2/3 times a week.

i think the smart teams will write the fixture off and play fringe players and rest their main players. I certainly hope we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the way we started this game I thought we would be onto a hiding.Our full backs could not cope with the Queen’s Park wingers in both half’s especially Quitongo who you could see was ripping shifty apart at left back in the first half.The second half we seemed to come into the game a bit more until the sending off more of less killed it. Credit where it’s due though I thought we had a reasonably strong finish to the game creating a few decent chances despite being down to 10 men.We have to start picking up points soon starting Tuesday hopefully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good highlights. Makes a few things more clear:

> QP should have made more of the opportunities in front of goal

>  First goal og?

> Brechin number 16 one to watch

> The red card that I thought was a bit innocuous was well deserved. What was the big number 10 thinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobby Barr nearly greeting and calling the ref "rubbish" 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Good highlights. Makes a few things more clear:

> QP should have made more of the opportunities in front of goal

>  First goal og?

> Brechin number 16 one to watch

> The red card that I thought was a bit innocuous was well deserved. What was the big number 10 thinking?

16 is Connor Barron on loan from Aberdeen (if I’ve got the number right) 

Tiny lad but can really move the ball about. Good recovery after almost gifting a goal as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Good highlights. Makes a few things more clear:

> QP should have made more of the opportunities in front of goal

>  First goal og?

> Brechin number 16 one to watch

> The red card that I thought was a bit innocuous was well deserved. What was the big number 10 thinking?

Definitely an og. I was giving McHugh great credit for taking a decent strike and then covering ground for the tap-in but he was a couple of metres off it. But it’s Happy Monday so I’ll give him the assist on the grounds he forced the error. Well done Bob.

Best part about the second was the celebration. If that’s how excited Longridge gets at a one-yard tap-in I hope to witness the 25 yard screamer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

 

Best part about the second was the celebration. 

Yep, it's good to know these lads are passionate about it. 

That was a bit of a stroll but a lost opportunity I feel to rack up a few more. Really could have been 4 or 5 up at half time. Gillespie - who I thought was excellent, probably best I've seen him  - missed an absolute sitter and Sal had a couple of decent openings as well. Second half he had even better chances which last season he would have buried. Looks totally off the pace but he was hardly playing before the enforced break so I suppose we can afford to use games like this to improve his match fitness. I've been disappointed with McHugh tbh. Only 3 goals from open play all season. He's not missing sitters, he's just not getting on the end of things and never seems to be in the right place (Annan and Stennie games aside). Hopefully Murray back tomorrow and I'd even be tempted to put Baynham up next to him

Second half Brechin improved and got a bit more space in and around our box but I still can't remember Muir making a save. When they went down to ten we just knocked it around without much ambition to add to the scoreline. With no fans in the ground that's an easy option. Can't help but feel the team might have taken a different attitude if we were there urging them forward    

By the way, how good is it to have a proper right back in Doyle? A significant upgrade to what we've had in recent seasons. Our best RB since Paton imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2021 at 17:20, lavvyheid said:

Don't think  Connell will be back for alligator park on Tuesday that would have  been an experience for him😃

 

Ireland Under 21s not playing this week so he should be OK. Unless he's been called up to the big squad after their Luxembourg debacle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

I've been disappointed with McHugh tbh. Only 3 goals from open play all season. He's not missing sitters, he's just not getting on the end of things and never seems to be in the right place (Annan and Stennie games aside). Hopefully Murray back tomorrow and I'd even be tempted to put Baynham up next to him

It’s a weird one with McHugh, the more I’ve watched him the more I’ve wondered how he’s been deemed as a solid championship striker in previous years. Morton’s first choice striker for a few years and generally came to us with a decent reputation, however he just doesn’t ever look like scoring. Can’t put my finger on why he’s looked fairly underwhelming so far cause his career suggests he’s not a bad player

Would go for Salim and Murray on Tuesday, Baynham has had many opportunities and I don’t think he’s necessarily grabbed them with both hands 

Edited by qpfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:I've been disappointed with McHugh tbh. Only 3 goals from open play all season. He's not missing sitters, he's just not getting on the end of things and never seems to be in the right place (Annan and Stennie games aside). Hopefully Murray back tomorrow and I'd even be tempted to put Baynham up next to him

Bit of enigma is Bob. Only striker/ midfielder to have started all league games but has a low conversion rate but quite high on accuracy. Considering how much the rest of the mid/front get’s shuffled you’d think some bench time is coming. Assuming somebody else can take penalties.

SPFL L2 Top Scorers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McHugh has looked at his best when the ball has been played into feet and bringing other guys into the game. Firing long diagonals doesn't necessarily suit his game. Reckon he and Murray would kill teams if we were a team who played more football in the final third. 

Can't knock it, though. Played 11, Won 9, Drawn 2, Lost 0. Best goal difference in the league. It's effective and results are far ahead of anything else in terms of importance. 

I'm not in on the open play thing either, as if penalties somehow don't count as actual goals. A goal is goal, except on Saturday, when it clearly wasn't! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, an86 said:

I'm not in on the open play thing either, as if penalties somehow don't count as actual goals. 

Never said they don't count, just pointing out that I've been disappointed with his overall output and his positioning. Quite easy to make space and get into position to score a penalty. Reckon you could even manage that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Never said they don't count, just pointing out that I've been disappointed with his overall output and his positioning. Quite easy to make space and get into position to score a penalty. Reckon you could even manage that.

 

 

You grossly overestimate my abilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, an86 said:

You grossly overestimate my abilities. 

You'd obviously miss it but reckon you'd get a good runny at it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...