Brechin Vs Qp

Top vs Bottom this Saturday.

Queen’s looked great last Saturday and it seems that the break has been beneficial on getting us back on track.

Brechin have recruited well but aren’t getting the results.

Is this a potential banana skin for Qp?

13 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Top vs Bottom this Saturday.

Queen’s looked great last Saturday and it seems that the break has been beneficial on getting us back on track.

Brechin have recruited well but aren’t getting the results.

Is this a potential banana skin for Qp?

Yes but I think we will win anyway.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

I am not as confident as I should be. We could be missing Carroll and Connell from midfield and they contributed so much last week.

Would not be surprised with a draw.

I would be pretty surprised tbh. Our squad is strong enough to cope. We'll see. 

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

I am not as confident as I should be. We could be missing Carroll and Connell from midfield and they contributed so much last week.

Would not be surprised with a draw.

Advantages of a full time squad is having very adequate replacements for injuries etc. Gillespie and Lyon should be more than enough to compete and beat Brechin, albeit maybe not the same level as Carroll and Connell 

if there’s a game to have these players to be out, it would be against Brechin. Would be disappointed and surprised to drop points on Saturday 

Edited by qpfc

Think this might be a tougher proposition than it would have been before the suspension. Defence has been solid, but we could be doing with being a wee bit more clinical. If we go in with the right attitude, which has rarely been in question this season, it's a game we'd hope to win. Points on the board is the main thing.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

I would be pretty surprised tbh. Our squad is strong enough to cope. We'll see. 

Yip.  Look at the 19 we had in the squad last Saturday; bags of cover although Connell and Carroll were excellent.

Brechin are really fighting for their League 2 lives, but we should be too strong for them. Hopefully....

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Did what we had to do in the first half and should have been further ahead. Five changes and valuable game time for guys who needed it, another clean sheet, another three points and the lead extended. Second half a bit of a non event but it's all about getting the points on the board, hopefully getting over the line and then getting this season in the bin, which is not how I'd expect to feel when seven points clear. It's just not the same. Streaming is like methadone, when you really want the pure smack hit of Canice Carroll killing an opponent live in a stadium.

Aye picture froze for me a couple of times during the game   strange coverage  no commentator -  we could have given them a loan of Mr Terrific for the day  . 

Should have scored a few more but good 3 points , defence not really troubled  and another clean sheet . 

Don't think  Connell will be back for alligator park on Tuesday that would have  been an experience for him😃

Comfortable enough win, and good to rotate the squad. Nice work by Quitongo and great run by McHugh for the first. Second half difficult to watch, but we saw it out with no scares apart from Kilday hobbling off.

The injury list looks to be Kilday, Robson, Carroll, Slater and Murray. Maybe Murray and Robson rested? It would be good to know the extent and progress of the injuries, and you wonder what is the worst that could happen if we were told.

7 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Comfortable enough win, and good to rotate the squad. Nice work by Quitongo and great run by McHugh for the first. Second half difficult to watch, but we saw it out with no scares apart from Kilday hobbling off.

The injury list looks to be Kilday, Robson, Carroll, Slater and Murray. Maybe Murray and Robson rested? It would be good to know the extent and progress of the injuries, and you wonder what is the worst that could happen if we were told.

Legal difficulties around releasing vague details about hamstring injuries, I believe.