World Cup qualifiers - Qatar 2022

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

Luxembourg denied third place in the group.

Fuckin' boooooooo.

South Ireland should've been 2 or 3 down before they scored as well.  Finishing level on points with Luxembourg is about par for them these days.

19 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...guess there's not so many players around from the British mainland with RoI grandparents these days as migration to the UK wasn't so prevalent from the 70s onwards. The popularity of GAA is a problem when they have to rely more on players from closer to home.

To be fair, they’re still calling up guys from wherever with Irish grandparents, it’s just that those guys are absolute dross like James Collins or Callum Robinson.

Just now, DiegoDiego said:
2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:
Looks as though it's going to be freezing cold and possibly snowing tomorrow night in Edmonton where we play Mexico and the Mexicans are moaning about it
Love to see it

Hope they make you play in a volcano the next time you have them away.

Well they play at high altitude and fans have a habit of throwing bags if piss at our players so I am going to call this even.  Mexico has long gotten their own way from CONCACAF so I am just glad that they are finally getting something go against them

Well they play at high altitude and fans have a habit of throwing bags if piss at our players so I am going to call this even.  Mexico has long gotten their own way from CONCACAF so I am just glad that they are finally getting something go against them
To be dispassionate rather than unnecessarily snarky for a change, it's interesting that Canada can do this when in Europe certain countries are made to play their home matches outwith the winter months.

18 minutes ago, Small Bovine Maisonette said:

Surely somewhere like Toronto wouldn't be that bad in November? Haven't been arsed to check where it is being played but doubt it's in the Yukon surrounded by polar bears.

I was thinking that too.  Is it not on the same latitude as somewhere in France?

48 minutes ago, Small Bovine Maisonette said:

Surely somewhere like Toronto wouldn't be that bad in November? Haven't been arsed to check where it is being played but doubt it's in the Yukon surrounded by polar bears.

It's in Edmonton, which is pretty far north.  Here is the latest forecast, game is scheduled for Tuesday...  We had scheduled these games in cold places to get a home field advantage against warm weather countries.  To add, Toronto got the last round of games so the CSA doesn't want to give them these ones in order to avoid being accused of being too Toronto-Centric.  We get a bit touchy about that here in Canada

image.thumb.png.0927c3e1659588b5c5570e544d420f3f.png

Edited by senorsoupe