World Cup qualifiers - Qatar 2022

That has to be a record, what was the numpty thinking?
Possibly a record for internationals but there's quicker ones in club football. 3 seconds seems to be the record (another elbow).

Scrap that. Apparently the record is 2 second. A player said, "f**k me, that was loud!" after the ref blew the whistle.

18 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

1-1 now

As per P and B rules they've improved since almost immediately after that post, but it still took some honking goalkeeping to score.

Lorenzo Insigne and Andrea Belotti are a good warm-up for my weekly fury at watching Cameron Blues and Robbie Muirhead stealing a wage tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, charger29 said:
10 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
That has to be a record, what was the numpty thinking?

Possibly a record for internationals but there's quicker ones in club football. 3 seconds seems to be the record (another elbow).

Yeah, I was thinking Internationally, the best I have heard was 1 second in Amateur Football for shouting "f**k that was loud" when the ref blew to start the game.

Italy v Switzerland is brilliant stuff. Commentator suggesting Switzerland definitely need a goal, but they're only two behind on GD and are at home to a rotten Bulgaria side while Italy are in Belfast. Feel like their best chance is holding on to the draw.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

A bit of justice there after a very soft penalty award.

Jorginho has this reputation as a great penalty taker but he’s really not all that good at it anymore.

Missed 5 since the start of last season after missing only 1 his whole career beforehand.

Edit - actually make that 6 (at least) missed in the past year and a bit as the list I was going by only includes in-game penalties, so doesn’t include his missed one in the Euros final shootout.

Edited by eez-eh

Mega 1-0 win last night for Canada against Costa Rica.  Ligue 1 Golden boot leader Jonathan David with the vital goal in the cold weather of Edmonton.  

Mexico Tuesday night (also in the frigid Edmonton), another 3 points would put us in a fantastic position to qualify

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Mega 1-0 win last night for Canada against Costa Rica.  Ligue 1 Golden boot leader Jonathan David with the vital goal in the cold weather of Edmonton.  

Mexico Tuesday night (also in the frigid Edmonton), another 3 points would put us in a fantastic position to qualify

USA, Mexico and Canada looking good for the qualifying spots but it's only halfway through the qualifiers. A lot can happen yet. Massive win for the US though over Mexico.

36 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

USA, Mexico and Canada looking good for the qualifying spots but it's only halfway through the qualifiers. A lot can happen yet. Massive win for the US though over Mexico.

Yah, it definitely feels weird to think of us as potential qualifiers.  Canada have a long history of fucking things up though so I am not going to pop any champagne just yet 

22 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

So how does Norway making a dick of things against Latvia impact us and the playoffs?

Does it not just mean they’re unlikely to be in them? Netherlands playing Montenegro tonight so can win the group there, while Turkey are now ahead of Norway in second and play Montenegro on Tuesday while Norway play the Dutch - Norway will need to beat Netherlands by more than Turkey beat Montenegro to get in.

Edit: I think for us, unless neither win, we’ll need at least a point and hope GD advantage remains to stay ahead of either. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow