World Cup qualifiers - Qatar 2022

6 hours ago, Lex said:

Like better than they did at the World Cup? Belgium knocked out Brazil and no one was surprised. Argentina drew with Iceland and got humped 3-0 by Croatia..

Given that the Euros was won by a team that didn't even qualify for the World Cup I think the form book had been drastically rewritten. 

Argentina have undoubtedly improved under Batistuta and no team at the Euros matched their World Cup form. 

You just can't see where South Ireland can go in the near future.  You look at their team sheet and then you have to Google most of the names.  Just utter no marks and jobbers.  No idea how good their under 21s are.  I'm guessing not very.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You just can't see where South Ireland can go in the near future.  You look at their team sheet and then you have to Google most of the names.  Just utter no marks and jobbers.  No idea how good their under 21s are.  I'm guessing not very.

The under 21s managed a draw with Luxembourg, so infinitely better than their senior team I’d have thought…

Grealish has got to be the most overrated player in world football at the moment.

All he ever seems to do is slow the play down, take 5 touches too many and either fall over or play the pass/shot/cross he should have done 5 touches ago.

Also looks like an absolute bellend that would rightfully get butchered in amateur football.