World Cup qualifiers - Qatar 2022

44 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Delighted that Villa were one of only two clubs not to ban their players from travelling and that they could now end up going to prison AND having to isolate when they eventually get back to the UK. 

Surely somebody in Argentina could have taken ten minutes to check the rules?

The rules were agreed amongst all the South American nations that all players would be excused from quarantining.

Brazil appear to have spat the dummy because Argentina had three English based players and they don't have any.

35 minutes ago, orfc said:

I'm torn here, it's a bit cheeky of Brazil of all places to say people who've been in the UK might have the lurgy, but on the other hand it's argencheater ... So I'll just enjoy it

Argencheater? What are you talking about? This great nation has never cheated ever. 

Not in the slightest bit surprised by the US ranking. Think they'll be amongst the favourites in Qatar. I've been watching a lot of the MLS and its gone from a well paid retirement home for aging Europeans to one of the most skilful, entertaining leagues there is in a very short space of time. Much better to watch than the EPL or La Liga imo. A quick check on the interweb showed US born players account for about half of those playing. Belgium still being 1 and Brazil still being 2 however, show the world rankings to be seriously flawed to say the least.

Another cracking result from the tournament favourites last night.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Another cracking result from the tournament favourites last night.

Yes, I should maybe have said dark horses, not one of the favourites. Not great, but for them, it's not about what they do in qualifying. Three teams qualify directly. They will get there. Incidentally, have you been for a drink with marshmallo? A cracking, fun filled night for all.

Non European teams are a bit shite these days. Since 2006 there’s been four European winners in a row and just one non European finalist out of eight.
In 2018 all four semi finalists were European, it’s hard to see it being any different in Qatar.
The South American teams seem to be going backwards at quite a rate and teams from other continents are still miles off.

7 hours ago, Lex said:

Non European teams are a bit shite these days. Since 2006 there’s been four European winners in a row and just one non European finalist out of eight.
In 2018 all four semi finalists were European, it’s hard to see it being any different in Qatar.
The South American teams seem to be going backwards at quite a rate and teams from other continents are still miles off.

I think Brazil and Argentina would have done ok at the last Euros. 

I think Brazil and Argentina would have done ok at the last Euros. 

Like better than they did at the World Cup? Belgium knocked out Brazil and no one was surprised. Argentina drew with Iceland and got humped 3-0 by Croatia..