Sons vs Blue Toon

Huge match this weekend. With Dumbarton losing to Forfar last week this is now a must win and with Peterhead losing to Stenny last night they'll be looking for a reaction to avoid being dragged into the relegation fight. Not sure what the team news will be but ideally we just have Quitongo coming back in with the rest staying the same. 

Smith

Wardrop -- McGeever -- Neill -- Quitongo

Forbes -- Carswell -- Wedderburn

Frizzell -- Wilson -- Crossan

If Quitongo isn't fit I think I'd rather see Brindley play left back than McAllister but I suppose it's a round peg in a square hole no matter who covers there.

How have the Blue Toon been since returning?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Nor would I. We can but hope.

I actually think the starting 11 you've suggested isn't a dreadful side. Problem is we've got absolutely no depth. Something that isn't exactly ideal with the hectic schedule ahead.

Our match previews tend to be a waste of time in terms of providing injury updates but according to that we have no fresh injury concerns with Rico facing a late fitness test (I’m guessing that means he’s out). I’d be happy to see us go with the same team as Tuesday but with Brindley in for the St Mirren lad who I thought looked nervous and uncomfortable on the ball. 

This is a must win for us and despite Tuesday’s result I’m still not hugely confident.

Quite surprised Crossan isn’t starting but keen to see what Omar can do. Peterhead have 9 subs according to the teamsheet, are you allowed to just name as many as you want these days? 

9 subs allowed to be named on the bench but with a maximum of 5 to be used but only allowed 3 ‘stoppages’ in play to use them. So half time is in effect a free hit.

Another tough watch that, turgid stuff. We’ve created the square root of hee haw. We really need to do something in this second half or we’re in danger of sinking without a trace.

Wilson has had very little to work with but when we do have the ball in a decent position he’s running wide which isn’t helping matters. We’re missing big Nat IMO, absolutely naebdy to control the ball in the middle of the park and play a pass.

Nat on for McCallister and Crossan on for Omar asap please.

That came from Omar making the wrong choice with a pass after initially doing well to turn his man in the Peterhead half. Lazy pass and we're punished. 

Again... it's horrible to watch and we're in danger of being cut adrift and I don't fancy our chances in a mini relegation league against  Clyde and Forfar or any kind kf relegation playoff. This could be the start of years of absolutely obscurity.

Brilliant goal.

Terrible game.

Absolutely no creativity from Dumbarton. No final ball and unable to test the Peterhead defence or goalkeeper. They havent been a whole lot better but 1-0 on the back of that moment of quality is a fair result so far. Need to do something to change this because right now it looks like a final score.