Raith v Morton

19 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

A win is a win I guess and the Gaffer gets credit for getting the 3 points. Tough game on Tuesday so I guess we’ll see if he’s rested players today for that one. It’s bizarre how we’ve gone from scoring but conceding to not conceding but not scoring. The pack is right behind us and everything is so tight I’m glad we’re second. Not going to lie I’ll be disappointed if we finish outside the top 4 but not gutted as I’d have taken 8th this season. Anything above that is a bonus, I’d love to be in the promotion playoffs but I’ll not lose sleep if we miss out. Overall JMc and the lads have had a fantastic season.

Certainly true, and Tuesday has the makings of a real decider on the Top 4 aspirations. Win and we’re 3 ahead of 3rd and 6 ahead of 4th-6th, having played the same number of games as all but 3rd and 4th...lose, and we’re joint 2nd with two teams who hold a game in hand over us, but more critically we’re then only 3 ahead of two teams on serious hot streaks. This match is certainly one of the most critical all season.

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Out of the 5 teams challenging for the play offs I would only say we've got a better squad than Queen of the South. ICT you could make a case for also but we're always going to struggle to finish ahead of them because of our awful head to head record with them. Signing Scott Allan could be huge for them if he's back to full fitness. 

In summary, I'm still expecting us to finish 5th or 6th.

Leaning toward 4th or 5th, but Tuesdays result will colour that immensely.

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Not having that. I think we’ll finish 2nd.

I’ll have some of what he’s drinking, please.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would say realistic. Dundee and Dunfermline will almost certainly finish above us. The question is will either QoS or ICT do the same?

"Amost certainly" is not realistic. We're above both after 21 games, so why are we now almost certain to finish below them with only another  six to go?
Dundee haven't beaten us yet and Dunfermline come to Stark's on Tuesday having  won only once away all season, and the two of them have still to play each other, and some tough fixtures to come.

11 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Has to be top 4 now.  Especially considering how well backed for signings the manager was in January.

No side sitting 2nd going into April would that finishing 6th or 7th for example, would feel like a successful season.  

I may be a bit harsh here, but in my view we have a better squad and manager than at least half of this league, so the goalposts have shifted on terms of expectations.

I agree that missing out now would be hugely disappointing but simply maintaining our Championship status should definitely be seen as success. 

Gives us a solid base to improve our weaknesses and have a right go at going up next season when we shouldn't have a side like Hearts winning the league at a canter. 

6 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

"Amost certainly" is not realistic. We're above both after 21 games, so why are we now almost certain to finish below them with only another  six to go?
Dundee haven't beaten us yet and Dunfermline come to Stark's on Tuesday having  won only once away all season, and the two of them have still to play each other, and some tough fixtures to come.

They've also thumped us at East End Park. Regardless of the poor run they're on I still have them as favourites for Tuesday night. 

25 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

They've also thumped us at East End Park. Regardless of the poor run they're on I still have them as favourites for Tuesday night. 

Youre basing this on them thumping us at EEP.  Likewise, we played them off the park at Stark's for most of the game. The game at EEP was even until we gave away a calamitous goal just before half time. We also had injuries. You are entitled to be pessimistic about Tuesday night, but that's not the same as having reason to be; most Pars fans are pessimistic about the game too, and I'd say the same, the game can go either way., but statistics favour us.