Raith v Morton

Results got you there, but Raith are not a club that can expect to be above Dunfermline, Dundee or Inverness. 
I fully expect to be above teams we prove we are better than by getting more points than them tbh. Similar to why we're in this league this season. we gained more points than all the jobbers in league 1 last season.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Given our start, I reckon we can and deserve to be.

Don't let your jealousy ruin your weekend.

Results got you there so you do deserve to be there, but Raith must really enjoy this because this won't be something that will become a regular occurrence. It's well known that the standard of the championship is very poor this season and that's not Raith's problem but it's obviously helped. 

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Standard is about to get a whole lot worse next season tbh. 

Well I hope so, I already fancy Falkirk's chances next season even with our terrible managers. If the standard is even worse then brilliant haha. 

2 hours ago, MS RR said:

Results got you there so you do deserve to be there, but Raith must really enjoy this because this won't be something that will become a regular occurrence. It's well known that the standard of the championship is very poor this season and that's not Raith's problem but it's obviously helped. 

Link for 1st Division is the one below the Chamionship,easy mistake to make if you have sausage fingers

Edited by Rovers_Lad

5 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Not going to lie I’ll be disappointed if we finish outside the top 4 but not gutted as I’d have taken 8th this season. Anything above that is a bonus, I’d love to be in the promotion playoffs but I’ll not lose sleep if we miss out. Overall JMc and the lads have had a fantastic season.

I'm not sure why you'd have taken 8th from this particular campaign, as it was quite clear from August that Raith had built a stronger squad (probably with a higher budget) than Alloa, Arbroath, ourselves and Queen of the South respectively. You then added some proven capable players at this level like Kennedy to your squad in January, presumably with the aim of consolidating a play-off berth. It looks like being a four horse race for that prize (excluding QoS IMO) so that seems like the real benchmark for a good campaign for your club or not. 

Edited by vikingTON

4 hours ago, virginton said:

I'm not sure why you'd have taken 8th from this particular campaign, as it was quite clear from August that Raith had built a stronger squad (probably with a higher budget) than Alloa, Arbroath, ourselves and Queen of the South respectively. You then added some proven capable players at this level like Kennedy to your squad in January, presumably with the aim of consolidating a play-off berth. It looks like being a four horse race for that prize (excluding QoS IMO) so that seems like the real benchmark for a good campaign for your club or not. 

I think we're quite happy with small steps after spending time in League 1.

The majority of Rovers supporters would have been happy just to stay in the league at the beginning of the season. 

We've put a good squad together and currently look good for the promotion playoffs but even if we just fall short I think the season would go down as a success with regards to the progression made. 

Has to be top 4 now.  Especially considering how well backed for signings the manager was in January.

No side sitting 2nd going into April would that finishing 6th or 7th for example, would feel like a successful season.  

I may be a bit harsh here, but in my view we have a better squad and manager than at least half of this league, so the goalposts have shifted on terms of expectations.

Edited by CALDERON

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Has to be top 4 now.  Especially considering how well backed for signings the manager was in January.

No side sitting 2nd going into April would that finishing 6th or 7th for example, would feel like a successful season.  

I may be a bit harsh here, but in my view we have a better squad and manager than at least half of this league, so the goalposts have shifted on terms of expectations.

Exactly. Even before a ball was kicked this season the mood music from all the players, if not the management, I heard being interviewed was we were looking to do more than just survive this season. Finishing outside the play offs, especially now, would be a major disappointment and a bit of an underachievement.

Fair point VT but I think being promoted and we were lucky with how things went to get that I was naturally pessimistic and my only aim was consolidating our position back in the championship. We made a fantastic start but you never know if that’s just a new team catching the others off guard with their style of play. It’s funny being in second and spending most weeks watching to see how the relegation placed teams are doing.

9 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Link for 1st Division is the one below the Chamionship,easy mistake to make if you have sausage fingers

1st Division? I'm sure the 1st Division changed name 9-years ago to the Championship, easy mistake. 

Out of the 5 teams challenging for the play offs I would only say we've got a better squad than Queen of the South. ICT you could make a case for also but we're always going to struggle to finish ahead of them because of our awful head to head record with them. Signing Scott Allan could be huge for them if he's back to full fitness. 

In summary, I'm still expecting us to finish 5th or 6th.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Out of the 5 teams challenging for the play offs I would only say we've got a better squad than Queen of the South. ICT you could make a case for also but we're always going to struggle to finish ahead of them because of our awful head to head record with them. Signing Scott Allan could be huge for them if he's back to full fitness. 

In summary, I'm still expecting us to finish 5th or 6th.

Even I'm not as pessimistic as that.