Raith v Morton

It's just about grinding out results for now. 11 points ahead of Arbroath with a game in hand so you'd have to imagine with 7 games left we've almost secured our place. Not pretty, not fun to watch but the two up top looked a lot better than our drab performances with a lone striker. All we need is Ross Matthews back in the middle permanently instead of Adam King and we'll be fine.

I think we've played Morton three times and I can't recall a single opportunity they've had to score. They'll obviously be looking for a degree of stability given the lunacy in their boardroom but you'd have to imagine that's frustrating for their fans. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Why do you even bother supporting the Rovers? Everything you post is relentlessly negative. We are new to the Championship and clear in second place. What else do you expect? You might be better choosing one of the Old Firm as your team

Yea, I've been pissed off by shite performances for weeks. Judging from what most on here say I'm not in the minority.

We’ve only lost 4 goals in the last 9 games since the 4-2 aberration v Dunfermline. Really solid back line, if we can just add some goals we’ll be flying.
Complete reversal of earlier in the season where we were scoring for fun but conceding plenty as well.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

We’ve only lost 4 goals in the last 9 games since the 4-2 aberration v Dunfermline. Really solid back line, if we can just add some goals we’ll be flying.

Tbh, our worst run of the season has seen us largely dominate possession and not concede. In hindsight, of course, as today was infuriating at times. 

I don't think I've witnessed a Morton team so lacking in composure! The final ball has been atrocious all season.

We get in decent positions then waste the opportunity time and time again.

I don't think Strapp found a man all game. But he wasn't the only one. 

We invited Raith onto us all 2nd half.  Although they didn't make many chances I could see they would eventually get one and score. I've seen the script too many times this season.

What a dreadful game of football, especially the first half. Second half we looked a bit livelier while Morton just sat in for the point. Great to get the breakthrough we deserved and which we hadn’t got against Ayr and that results pretty much secured our Championship status I think. Rest of the season is therefore a shot to nothing to get in the play offs.  Not pretty, but will take the three points

We won albeit against a very changed Morton side from earlier in the season. I'll take 3 points in a game like that any day, this league is so tight you would sell your granny for a point😁well done to the team and management we got the job done😘

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Yea, I've been pissed off by shite performances for weeks. Judging from what most on here say I'm not in the minority.

It’s not classic football but no one in the championship is stringing a run together, not even the team winning it. That’s football at our level I’m afraid. We played poorly but got the win. If you can’t derive some small pleasure from that then it’s maybe not worth it.

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

It’s not classic football but no one in the championship is stringing a run together, not even the team winning it. That’s football at our level I’m afraid. We played poorly but got the win. If you can’t derive some small pleasure from that then it’s maybe not worth it.

How would you know, I posted before full time. Besides, your posts are't exactly ecstatically enthusiastic either.

An organised first half performance, but Raith turned up in the second half and we just couldn't deal with it. It had been coming all half but that was such a shocking goal to lose in the end. The only positive from today is Arbroath losing and we're back to must win territory next week.

Hopefully MacPherson has seen enough of Orsi now and sends him to Dumbarton so we don't have to watch him again. While it had been coming anyway, the point he came on was the point it turned from Raith dominance to Raith onslaught, because he cannot trap a ball to save himself. When you're sitting in and your only outball is a centre forward with his back to goal, you're effectively giving the opposition an extra centre half by making Orsi that centre forward.

Edited by Dunning1874

Morton have picked up some good results this season, a win at EEP where we were horsed and 7/9 from ICT for example while we have 1/9. But from what we’ve seen they’re seriously bad, most of League 1 was better. Can’t think of a serious attempt at goal across the three matches. Really odd second half from them.

We did well though, in the second half at least after an awful first 45. It’s hard playing against a team with little intention of coming out, but we kept going and found the way through eventually.

Wasn’t pretty, I’d have preferred us to play better and there are questions over a fair amount of the formation/players used today. But a well deserved and very welcome three points.