Raith v Morton

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

McAdams

Ledger - McLean - McGinty

Hynes - Jacobs - McGinn - Lyon - Strapp

Nesbitt

Oliver

Above is how I'd line up today. A little more conservative than we've been in the last couple of games, but should give us a solid platform, particularly in the middle of the park. Plumped for Lyon over Colville too add a bit of energy to the middle of the park, as you wouldn't expect too much attacking from McGinn or Jacobs.

I reckon that's a realistic set up. Midfield is our strongest part of the team and every team that's caused us trouble has snuffed it out.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Buzzing for beers and the football today. Sun is shining, but it’s also gusto - might be ok, as the South Stand and Main Stand may provide a bit of shelter.

If going well, I’d start this team -

. JMac
Tumilty Mosunda Bene KMac
Matthews Hendry Spencer
Kennedy Vaughan
Duku

28 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Buzzing for beers and the football today. Sun is shining, but it’s also gusto - might be ok, as the South Stand and Main Stand may provide a bit of shelter.

If going well, I’d start this team -

. JMac
Tumilty Mosunda Bene KMac
Matthews Hendry Spencer
Kennedy Vaughan
Duku

Not bad, but Spencer hasn't been great lately, I'd keep Tait after Forthbank.

Not bad, but Spencer hasn't been great lately, I'd keep Tait after Forthbank.

Honestly I think he’s so underrated, he just keeps it calm in the middle, ticks things over, and has the eye for a cutting pass, all of which he has done in the last few weeks.
Agree that Tait played well against Stirling, but he has been sloppy in the league games of late. And as I write this, I hope if he does play today he proves me wrong and contributes to a goal some how.

On 24/03/2021 at 13:27, R.R.FC said:

I can imagine VT already has his Ainsley-laden reply drafted for 5pm on Saturday for that OP...

Not known for putting his hand in his pocket and buying PPV games.

Early reply above, as you say, while he web views Ton forum and BBC report before gracing the site with his fact based analysis.

51 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Honestly I think he’s so underrated, he just keeps it calm in the middle, ticks things over, and has the eye for a cutting pass, all of which he has done in the last few weeks.
Agree that Tait played well against Stirling, but he has been sloppy in the league games of late. And as I write this, I hope if he does play today he proves me wrong and contributes to a goal some how.

I would accept that Spencer has a better understanding with Hendry.

4 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

McAdams

Ledger - McLean - McGinty

Hynes - Jacobs - McGinn - Lyon - Strapp

Nesbitt

Oliver

Above is how I'd line up today. A little more conservative than we've been in the last couple of games, but should give us a solid platform, particularly in the middle of the park. Plumped for Lyon over Colville too add a bit of energy to the middle of the park, as you wouldn't expect too much attacking from McGinn or Jacobs.

Spot on (with the Colville for Jacobs amendment).

Happy with that.

Looks like we only put a sub keeper on the bench on Tuesday because we could name 9 subs. Back to not having one.

Edited by Jamie_M

Blimey. That’s... different?

Two up front. Adam King, for some reason. Gullan/Vaughan/Kennedy, by any measure the ‘flair’ players, all out.

Delighted we’re mixing it up, we’d got far too predictable. Hopefully it works.

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

Blimey. That’s... different?

Two up front. Adam King, for some reason. Gullan/Vaughan/Kennedy, by any measure the ‘flair’ players, all out.

Delighted we’re mixing it up, we’d got far too predictable. Hopefully it works.

The facade has broken, it's the return of McGlynn mk.1.

2 up top with a midfield diamond of Hendry at the bottom Tait and King and then Armstrong at the top of the diamond?

Not what I’d have gone for, looks like McGlynn has one eye on Tuesday night which I understand but today is a very big game and I would have felt a lot more confident with Kennedy and Matthews starting at least.

Big risk but if we get the win and have Matthews, Spencer, Kennedy and Vaughan fresh for Tuesday then it’s genius.

Big responsibility on Tait/Armstrong to get beyond the strikers or Duku to offer a genuine threat in behind otherwise it will just be cross after cross from the full backs to the two big men in the middle which I’d imagine the 3 Morton centre backs will lap up.

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

2 up top with a midfield diamond of Hendry at the bottom Tait and King and then Armstrong at the top of the diamond?

Not what I’d have gone for, looks like McGlynn has one eye on Tuesday night which I understand but today is a very big game and I would have felt a lot more confident with Kennedy and Matthews starting at least.

Big risk but if we get the win and have Matthews, Spencer, Kennedy and Vaughan fresh for Tuesday then it’s genius.

Big responsibility on Tait/Armstrong to get beyond the strikers or Duku to offer a genuine threat in behind otherwise it will just be cross after cross from the full backs to the two big men in the middle which I’d imagine the 3 Morton centre backs will lap up.

Maybe 4-4-2 with Tait wide right and Armstrong wide left? Hendry and King either flat or stacked, but which would play deeper.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Raith gone narrow in the midfield?

Must really fancy his full-backs here.

The wingers have been off the boil for weeks. Granted one of the is playing today and I'm not certain how the midfield is going to be lining up, we had become too predictable and it wasn't working for us. Similarly, our strikers were looking completely hopeless. 

Not sure how it'll all work out but the change was needed. 

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The wingers have been off the boil for weeks. Granted one of the is playing today and I'm not certain how the midfield is going to be lining up, we had become too predictable and it wasn't working for us. Similarly, our strikers were looking completely hopeless. 

Not sure how it'll all work out but the change was needed. 

McPherson has been playing the wing-backs nice and high, so looking for them to impose themselves from the off.

That river barge on the intro is giving me flashbacks to the 5-0 game, btw...

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

McPherson has been playing the wing-backs nice and high, so looking for them to impose themselves from the off.

That river barge on the intro is giving me flashbacks to the 5-0 game, btw...

Good, now we can hope for a couple of quick goals to remind you some more, eh? On a more serious note, I like the adjustment, it’ll be interesting to see if we are diamond or flat in the middle.

Edited by TxRover