Raith v Morton

Let's see if that comment comes back to bite you on the arse on Saturday.  We do appear to be a lot better since the new manager arrived. Mainly because Blues and Omar aren't really getting a look in any more but also tactical changes.  Still not the strongest up front but I think we are now more likely to move away from the bottom two teams.

I can imagine VT already has his Ainsley-laden reply drafted for 5pm on Saturday for that OP...

On the game, it is true Morton have not laid a glove on us this season. They have been very poor in both matches but I imagine it will be a different story this time around. Appointing an actual football manager seems to have helped them (funny that) and I expect they’ll be a tough test on the back of a couple of decent results.

They still look to lack a bit of quality in the final third but they will be organised, hard working and tough to break down. Given our lack of goals in the league recently, it’s hard to be completely confident we’ll find a way through. For Morton, a win could see them in 5th, two points from a promotion play off place. A defeat and they could be 9th in a relegation play off place. This league is wild.

A win for us would be huge, stops the rot in terms of 4 league games without a win and a good chance to put pressure on the teams around us with Dundee and Dunfermline playing later on Saturday evening. Getting to 33 points would remove any lingering concerns about being dragged into the relegation play off battle also.

McGlynn suggested in last night’s post match interview that the formation we saw last night may be used in some league games. Hard to predict if he will continue with it this weekend or revert back to the usual. Either way I think Matthews, Hendry, Vaughan and Duku will come back in replacing King, Spencer, Gullan and Ugwu. The question mark for me is if Tait keeps his position or if Armstrong returns and that’ll be dependant on the formation. I’d stick with Tait.

MacDonald

Tumilty      
Musonda   
Bene      
MacDonald

Hendry     
Matthews   
Tait

Kennedy

Vaughan     
Duku

I’ll go for us to sneak it 1-0 with Duku back in the goals but I don’t think it’ll be pretty.

That 5-0 game seems like a total aberration now. The only time we've conceded more than twice in a game all season I think? Half our defeats have been 1-0 and, apart from McElhone's first four games, we haven't managed to score two games in a row all year. I reckon another 1-0 defeat is on the cards but Gus has had two games in charge (not including his first game where we were sticking with McElhone/Hopkin tactics) and rotated a wee bit so will have a better idea of his best team. Maybe we'll nick it 1-0 ourselves.

Let's see if that comment comes back to bite you on the arse on Saturday.  We do appear to be a lot better since the new manager arrived. Mainly because Blues and Omar aren't really getting a look in any more but also tactical changes.  Still not the strongest up front but I think we are now more likely to move away from the bottom two teams.

To be honest I would have settled for six points against the Ton but hey nine would be nice....3-0..

Hopefully last night's win and scoring a couple will get a bit more belief into the attack (as even last night, some of the misses and fluffing of lines in front of goal was getting ridiculous). 

I hope Tait - who has been poor for weeks prior to last night - stays in the team after a better performance and a good goal. Would also like to see Duku back in.

Come on Rovers, just fucking win!

I fear McGlynn may see Ugwu's goal as vindication for persisting with him, and play him again this weekend. It's possible the goal will give Ugwu confidence and he will up his game, but the number of sitters he missed after the goal makes me think that's unlikely.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Three points would be nice... but I'll settle for somebody leathering Tumilty at some point.

Actually, three points and somebody leathering Tumilty...

No need for that. 

He simply took the opportunity to play for a bigger, better club and has more than justified his place. 

3 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

No need for that. 

He simply took the opportunity to play for a bigger, better club and has more than justified his place. 

Oh, there's every need.

Morton fans didn't much like him, but we clearly liked him more than Hopkin.

But watching him go all Billy Big Baws in the last 20 minutes at Cappielow was a bridge too far.

Get him leathered.

48 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Oh, there's every need.

Morton fans didn't much like him, but we clearly liked him more than Hopkin.

But watching him go all Billy Big Baws in the last 20 minutes at Cappielow was a bridge too far.

Get him leathered.

Just had a wee stab at fishing. 

What was he doing in the last 20 minutes? 

He's been excellent for us. 

Would be nice to get a clean sweep off Morton but I’m expecting a much tougher game this time around. No disrespect intended but the previous two meeting Morton looked extremely poor but they’ve clearly started to turn things around and seem to be heading in the right direction now.
We’re in a bit of a slump so a home win would be extremely good at the moment with everything so tight in the league. Don’t see many goals in this one likely be 1 goal in it.

Raith were the last team to take maximum points from us in a season, and the final game of that run was exactly five years ago on Saturday coming.

Earlier in the season, I pointed out that the last time we came from 2 down to win a game 3-2 (against now League One minnows, Partick) we followed it up with a 5-0 drubbing (at Inverness). We came from 2 down to beat Ayr the week before our last visit to Kirkcaldy.

The omens aren’t good.

Our defence is liable to have calamitous moments, that's a real factor.  Our attack will create and miss chances, maybe snatch one or two. Morton will be stuffy and dig in, like Ayr; hopefully not so effectively. 1-1 or 2-1 to us I reckon.