Pie and Bovril home improvements

Just now, RH33 said:

Or post a photo of the gas meter and hedgecutter will give Shannon your address!

He’s already pretty much pinpointed me. Have trained the hound to kill anyone in climbing/caving gear just in case.

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Are you scared of going to mathematics' house yourself? It's not as if his Mrs is a mental serial killer enthusiast.

His Mrs is a honey. And they're both mad mental serial killer fans.

6 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Haven't been able to get Dave the plumber on the phone ever since and his wife is worried sick. Please release my heating engineer. I have gas certs he needs to be doing and he has a young family.

Are we fearing this sort of set up at chez Mathematics? 

itgetsthehose-752x501.jpg.79fa7932de47552184dbc2dd41521477.jpg

More likely he's concocted an elaborate Saw type game and poor wee Dave currently has his head stuck in a bear trap. Still, onwards and upwards. Vacancy available for Gas Safe qualified plumbing and heating engineer. Negotiable rates. Van included.

16 hours ago, 101 said:

Has anyone replaced their internal doors and got rough prices and do the suppliers fit them typically?

Expect a joiner to be £50 labour per door hung. When you say would suppliers fit, that would be no unless you're hiring a joiner to supply and install. You're cheaper ordering your own doors and then having a local joiner hang them. If you're not au fait with the process involved in hanging them then have the joiner measure them and tell you what sizes you need to order as they often need to be trimmed and foredged.

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Expect a joiner to be £50 labour per door hung. When you say would suppliers fit, that would be no unless you're hiring a joiner to supply and install. You're cheaper ordering your own doors and then having a local joiner hang them. If you're not au fait with the process involved in hanging them then have the joiner measure them and tell you what sizes you need to order as they often need to be trimmed and foredged.

No need forage, B&Q and Wickes sell doors.

HTH.

46 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Cheers that's perfect

11 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Any P&Bers into woodworking? I have taken it up in a very small way over the pandemic, and have built a spice rack and a bench for the garden. Keen to do a bit more although it does look like among other things I'll need to get some kind of power saw which would be a bit of a step up in seriousness(/danger) for me. Also I've no idea how to source small quantities of nice woods beyond the type of thing you'd get in a B&Q or something. Timber yards etc seem like they're just set up for large amounts and aside from anything else it just wouldn't fit in my car. Advice welcome if anyone has any on either topic!

3 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Any P&Bers into woodworking? I have taken it up in a very small way over the pandemic, and have built a spice rack and a bench for the garden. Keen to do a bit more although it does look like among other things I'll need to get some kind of power saw which would be a bit of a step up in seriousness(/danger) for me. Also I've no idea how to source small quantities of nice woods beyond the type of thing you'd get in a B&Q or something. Timber yards etc seem like they're just set up for large amounts and aside from anything else it just wouldn't fit in my car. Advice welcome if anyone has any on either topic!

Timber yards are still your best bet. You may need to ask the assistance of someone with a roof rack, or pally up with them to convince them to deliver a small quantity. If you know someone with a van, or roof rack at least, that's your answer.

4 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

I do a fair bit of amateur joinery without any particularly fancy equipment. My grandfather was a joiner to trade and passed some of it on. Anyway, as Pete has said, if you find the right timber yard it won't be a problem. I use timber yards to get specific wood types cut to size for projects pretty regularly. 

Not sure where you're based but search wood recycling in your area, they're usually alot cheaper than timber yards and can sometimes have some unique stuff.