Pie and Bovril home improvements

Just now, kilMARKnock said:

I've just acquired an 10 x 7 shed and a set of sliding doors (good old gumtree) that will basically take up the full front length. Any engineers or DIY experts out there that can give me the best solution to put together so it won't fall down in the first gust. The idea was to fix it all to decking that had my sons play hut was on but now thinking the wooden frame just won't be enough to hold it all together.

Lean the bits against the side of your house to create a covered walk way.

8 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

I've just acquired an 10 x 7 shed and a set of sliding doors (good old gumtree) that will basically take up the full front length. Any engineers or DIY experts out there that can give me the best solution to put together so it won't fall down in the first gust. The idea was to fix it all to decking that had my sons play hut was on but now thinking the wooden frame just won't be enough to hold it all together.

The panels should be strong enough once it's connected to the floor and the roof, if your still worried stick some braces in and I'm sure it will be grand.

On 24/03/2021 at 21:16, kilMARKnock said:

Leave it lying around for a few weeks then use it as firewood.

4 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Love spray painting stuff. Had one of these cabinets in shower room and in corner of lounge and all the colour/stain had washed off in the shower room so I sprayed it a metallic silver. 

70FDBC07-B895-4927-94A6-890F08194126.jpeg

FF9258B3-E838-41B0-9E45-AD3456D468C3.jpeg

Looks like a Cyberman should come bursting out of that

So now The Boss has decided she likes the space near the house and I've to build at the bottom of the garden. (This does mean I will be able to go for a square 10 x 10 with the sliding doors and using the front panels minus the doors as extra length to the sides.) Is decking the best thing to do and build on now I will be siting it elsewhere or is there a better (cheaper/easier would be preferred) option?

Thanks in advance.

On 24/03/2021 at 12:21, 101 said:

Easy one to start how do you fix an internal door that won't stay closed, tried everything replacing the handles, oiling the internal closing thing, making sure it's lined up with the frame and it still springs open.

Take it is a metal one?Put a dab of paint on the latch and close the door and you will see where the wet paint is on the door keeper  You should be able to work out where the keeper needs moved to Either that or get a metal file and start filing  the keeper to make it a tad wider or longer depending on where the paint mark is Slight chance it needs a tiny bit more depth out of the frame to let  latch go in the whole way  A hammer and a old screwdriver will be good enough to dig out a couple of mm of timber

11 minutes ago, maicoman said:

Take it is a metal one?Put a dab of paint on the latch and close the door and you will see where the wet paint is on the door keeper  You should be able to work out where the keeper needs moved to Either that or get a metal file and start filing  the keeper to make it a tad wider or longer depending on where the paint mark is Slight chance it needs a tiny bit more depth out of the frame to let  latch go in the whole way  A hammer and a old screwdriver will be good enough to dig out a couple of mm of timber

Cheers actually I just needed to move it forward about 5mm

• 2 weeks later...

Also sprayed and painted some BT or electricity box thing out the back of my place. Was looking scruffy and lowering the tone so I’ve made it look quite dandy. If any of your local street furniture looks a bit sad, pm me the location and I’ll pop round and tart it up. 

Just now, Abby Normal said:

Also sprayed and painted some BT or electricity box thing out the back of my place. Was looking scruffy and lowering the tone so I’ve made it look quite dandy. If any of your local street furniture looks a bit sad, pm me the location and I’ll pop round and tart it up. 

^^^Wanksy.

1 hour ago, Abby Normal said:

Or post a photo of the gas meter and hedgecutter will give Shannon your address!