Dumbarton v Aberdeen, 3/4/21 - 12.15pm

On 29/03/2021 at 22:49, microdave said:

That's even more depressing. Last year when we played, I thought the Aberdeen board were fantastic at trying to promote the game. That was the game when the Red army singing section or something like that was first used. Are there any plans to encourage Don's fans to purchase the stream even though it's on the telly? I'll probably watch on TV but I'll still buy a stream to help the club.

I'm not sure we'll even be running the stream tbh. @sarti pooh seemed quite happy that he wouldn't need to deal with idiot Dons fans who couldn't get connected.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

It would be an embarrassment bigger than the Hearts Brora if we don't win this game comfortably.  Oh oh.

I get we've been shite this season but is it really more embarrassing for a Premiership side to lose to a League 1 side than a Championship side losing to a Highland league team?

Guest Bob Mahelp

Boghead was always a very difficult ground to find for some reason. 

I  have memories of stumbling out of pub in the High Street in the 80's and wandering round dog shite infested housing estates for an hour until I eventually found a tiny wee lane that led to the turnstiles. 

Maybe it was just me. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure we'll even be running the stream tbh. @sarti pooh seemed quite happy that he wouldn't need to deal with idiot Dons fans who couldn't get connected.

I get we've been shite this season but is it really more embarrassing for a Premiership side to lose to a League 1 side than a Championship side losing to a Highland league team?

When it's your 4th game in a week on top of the players' full time jobs.

I'd say so , yes but I possibly have a higher regard for the Highland league than you do. Of course the fact they'd hardly played is also a factor.

Edited by Suspect Device

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

When it's your 4th game in a week on top of the players' full time jobs.

I'd say so , yes but I possibly have a higher regard for the Highland league than you do

We've got a squad of 23 being rotated, it's far from ideal preparation but I'd say our preparation was better than the preparation Brora had (a few weeks training and one friendly game). We pumped Huntly out 4-0 in the previous round and we were told they were a decent HL team, Brora are a better side obviously but the level between Aberdeen and Dumbarton is closer than Hearts and Brora. 

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

In one sense it's unfair on Dumbarton, because they run the risk of niggling injuries. On the other hand, it means that their players are match sharp and will have no signs of rustiness.

We haven't played for 2 weeks, and we're notoriously pish at getting back into the groove after a break. Expect a start that will be as slow as a week in jail as we think we can wear Dumbarton down by knocking it around the back 4. 

Oh please let it be a back four.

On 29/03/2021 at 16:58, kingjoey said:

I have just seen Dumbarton’s schedule. Played two days ago, play tomorrow, play Thursday, play Scottish Cup match on Saturday, play Tuesday, play Thursday, play Saturday. Bloody hell.

This kind of thing happens in football manager and has me absolutely fizzing.

Is it wrong that I am properly dreading this game, and would rather we just got chucked out the Scottish Cup for our players having a houseparty tonight than actually played it?

I don't think we'll get pumped. Duffy can set a team out to be stuffy and hard to break down. We'll lose 2/3-0 without registering a shot on target though, and everyone who doesn't watch us every week will use words like "plucky" and "well organised".

8 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I had a dream last night that we lost 2-1 after extra-time, with Considine having to score an stoppage-time equaliser to get us to extra-time in the first place. I mean, not totally beyond the realms of possibility.

Statistically we aren't due another goal until the East Fife game on Thursday night. So I'd say that outcome probably is beyond the realms of possibility.

Haven't been to the Rock (The C&G Systems Stadium) so pretty gutted when I saw the draw. It would have been a good day out. 

Aberdeen are dreadful but hopefully we can get a win to give us confidence again, be interesting to see how Sheering sets us up, by all accounts Glass is not going to get involved until he arrives. 

Feel sorry for Dumbarton having to play 4 times in a week but I would like to think Aberdeen can take advantage of it although i can't see us scoring 4 or 5. 

0-0 (pens it is!)

Edited by betting competition