Dumbarton v Aberdeen, 3/4/21 - 12.15pm

Having lost 1-0 twice in recent years up at Aberdeen, I'm hoping it's third time lucky for the Sons. Bit of a pisser that the BBC have picked it up as we'd probably have coined it in with the Dons tuning in for Glass' first game in charge but at least it's a bit of exposure for the club. 

Lets hope Duffy keeps Ramsbottom on the bench and doesn't give him the opportunity to embarrass himself or anyone else on National TV. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Having lost 1-0 twice in recent years up at Aberdeen, I'm hoping it's third time lucky for the Sons. Bit of a pisser that the BBC have picked it up as we'd probably have coined it in with the Dons tuning in for Glass' first game in charge but at least it's a bit of exposure for the club. 

Lets hope Duffy keeps Ramsbottom on the bench and doesn't give him the opportunity to embarrass himself or anyone else on National TV. 

You'll still get a decent wedge from the BBC. 

It's only league games where the TV money is pooled and divided out in prize money at the end of the season. 

14 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

You'll still get a decent wedge from the BBC. 

It's only league games where the TV money is pooled and divided out in prize money at the end of the season. 

I think it just stings because it's the first opportunity we've had with our streaming service to get some excellent numbers in. There were 10K in attendance the last time the sides met, so even if you take that figure you'd be looking at over £100K right away, which would obviously then need costs deducted and split with the away side but I still think we'll be missing out on a bit of cash here (if the figure of £35K for TV matches is correct). That's vital cash for a League 1 part time side right now.

I have just seen Dumbarton’s schedule. Played two days ago, play tomorrow, play Thursday, play Scottish Cup match on Saturday, play Tuesday, play Thursday, play Saturday. Bloody hell.

Aye you wouldn’t catch full time teams playing on a Thursday night and then on Saturday lunchtime

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Aye you wouldn’t catch full time teams playing on a Thursday night and then on Saturday lunchtime

They’d be going totally mental. The English Premier League should try this on Jurgen Klopp. 

On 24/03/2021 at 15:09, The Moonster said:

I think it just stings because it's the first opportunity we've had with our streaming service to get some excellent numbers in. There were 10K in attendance the last time the sides met, so even if you take that figure you'd be looking at over £100K right away, which would obviously then need costs deducted and split with the away side but I still think we'll be missing out on a bit of cash here (if the figure of £35K for TV matches is correct). That's vital cash for a League 1 part time side right now.

I think it might be £35k divided between the two clubs, although @Skyline Drifter is the guy to ask for this.

I think it might be £35k divided between the two clubs, although [mention=106]Skyline Drifter[/mention] is the guy to ask for this.
That's even more depressing. Last year when we played, I thought the Aberdeen board were fantastic at trying to promote the game. That was the game when the Red army singing section or something like that was first used. Are there any plans to encourage Don's fans to purchase the stream even though it's on the telly? I'll probably watch on TV but I'll still buy a stream to help the club.

Guest Bob Mahelp

In one sense it's unfair on Dumbarton, because they run the risk of niggling injuries. On the other hand, it means that their players are match sharp and will have no signs of rustiness.

We haven't played for 2 weeks, and we're notoriously pish at getting back into the groove after a break. Expect a start that will be as slow as a week in jail as we think we can wear Dumbarton down by knocking it around the back 4. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

In one sense it's unfair on Dumbarton, because they run the risk of niggling injuries. On the other hand, it means that their players are match sharp and will have no signs of rustiness.

We haven't played for 2 weeks, and we're notoriously pish at getting back into the groove after a break. Expect a start that will be as slow as a week in jail as we think we can wear Dumbarton down by knocking it around the back 4. 

That's a fairly optimistic bit of spin. You'll get a job in politics with that. Realistically, the Dumbarton team will be exhausted, both from fixture congestion and from having full time jobs.

We should be confident of beating a part time team with that kind of fixture pile up before the game.

So why am I not confident?

It would be an embarrassment bigger than the Hearts Brora if we don't win this game comfortably.  Oh oh.

Edited by Suspect Device

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I really hope Dumbarton are fucked right into the Clyde on this one.

No mercy.

Anything less than a 2-1 thrashing will be an embarrassment. 

Easier to f**k them into the Leven as it runs behind the West end goal. There's a stadium and a big rock stopping them from getting fucked into the Clyde. 🤓

5 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Easier to f**k them into the Leven as it runs behind the West end goal. There's a stadium and a big rock stopping them from getting fucked into the Clyde. 🤓

Aye, the Leven.  Been a while since I graced Dumbarton (well over 2 years) tbf. 

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Aye, the Leven.  Been a while since I graced Dumbarton (well over 2 years) tbf. 

I was there a fortnight ago. It's got a Lidl now, which is new. To me at least. So lots to look forward to.

38 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I was there a fortnight ago. It's got a Lidl now, which is new. To me at least. So lots to look forward to.

Smashing. Will probably be down to the bright lights of Balloch in May.  Will be sure to pop in the Dumbarton Lidl.