Alloa Athletic vs Ayr United

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Unfortunately Murdochs injury has done him and isn’t really offering us anything. I wouldn’t be too bothered if he’s not here next season. 

It’s difficult as the style and set up of the team all season hasn’t suited him. It’s very difficult to look half decent as a centre mid as the ball sails over your head. Barjonas got more of a chance to get on the ball when he came on. 

We really missed Ndaba today.

Draw probably a fair result, but looking at the fixtures to come this was a game we really could have done with 3 points from.

Aye this.

Think today shows how important Ndaba is going forward. We can get away with playing direct when we’ve got someone like him to pick out players from 30 yards. I really don’t care if we play long ball. As others have said we played very direct under McCall but you need to have the players for it. A striker able to hold the ball up and a centre half able to play the balls in the first place is key.

2 minutes ago, super_carson said:

We really missed Ndaba today.

Draw probably a fair result, but looking at the fixtures to come this was a game we really could have done with 3 points from.

I don't think we deserved anything from that. We played long and got overrun in the midfield all day. Dire stuff. Alloa were the better side. Cawley was the best player on the park.

Didn’t expect to be saying this before the game but that’s 2 points dropped today. Think that own goal goes down as one of those things that happens when you’re down at the bottom. Shame as we looked very comfortable at 2-1.

Second half was a pretty good performance, with Cawley looking really strong late on.

Williamson should be proud of his performance today, goal aside, he played very well and you could see the confidence growing in him throughout the second half.

Cameron and Connelly linked well again up top. As much stick as Peter Grant has taken this season, his decision to bring Connelly in over the last month or so has been a very good one as it’s taking a bit of pressure off how much running Cameron was having to do.

Thought Liam Dick had a very good game today, as did the rest of the defence as a whole.

Decent results for us elsewhere but that probably should have been a win today.

Grant needs to step up and drop his son. We are playing a man short with him in there now. Could justify what each of the other 10 players brought to that game today, but wholeheartedly cannot give an example of what Ray Grant is adding.

Is Houston injured ?  Cawley, who played for us around 12 year ago, seemed to go by him as if he wasn't there.  The only positives for me were McCowan and Sinisalo.  I can see this league going down to the last game regards 9th position & possibly 10th position with us all waiting for results from other grounds.

You just keep happy clapping big mouth.  

It’s not happy clapping though. It’s giving a chance to a manager who’s in the door 5 minutes and is already taking stick for the way we’re playing with a team he didn’t build.

I don’t really know what you’re expecting from this squad right now tbh. We don’t have very good players in case you hadn’t noticed.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

It’s not happy clapping though. It’s giving a chance to a manager who’s in the door 5 minutes and is already taking stick for the way we’re playing with a team he didn’t build.

I don’t really know what you’re expecting from this squad right now tbh. We don’t have very good players in case you hadn’t noticed.

Morton fans warned us how this guy plays.  Would be bad enough if we had Ally Graham up front, but to play that way with the players we have is appalling.  

Gained a point on rivals after playing poorly, without Ndaba who is now arguably our most influential player, this predicament wasn't of Hopkins making, the inexperienced duo left a strange squad also squandered our loan options, McGavin in Cameron out ...dire decisions