Alloa Athletic vs Ayr United

Back to the league in this one and another must win if we want to create a really comfy gap between ourselves and 10th place. Corrie took a sore one tonight but hopefully he’s fine for this one. If not, just fire Roscoe into defence instead of having to shuffle Muirhead about and alter the midfield. Hopefully bring McKenzie and Murdoch back in as well.

Sinisalo

Houston

Baird

Roscoe

Reading

Muirhead

McCowan

Murdoch

Chalmers

Smith

McKenzie

Oh, you'll be fine if you win this one.

Must-win for us and, with respect, this is one of the easiest games we have left. Robbo back in midfield, please.

Interesting one - hopefully the fact its an absolute must win for Alloa might help us and see them leave gaps at the back for the likes of McCowan and Smith to exploit.   Win puts us a big step towards avoiding 9th.  Draw should theoretically keep us safe from 10th, defeat and its back to squeaky bum time (although I'd still be reasonably confident of not finishing bottom).     0-2, Smith and McCowan.   

6 hours ago, rb123! said:

I watched Alloa against Dundee last week and thought overall they were rotten, was surprised. 

Has the hard beating Alloa especially at home faded this season?

Oh and Innes Cameron is a guarantee to score 

Our solid defence isn't what it used to be. That's essentially the root of why we're adrift. We've conceded a lot of early goals and the opposition's guaranteed a bit of time and space around the box, which is unusual for us.

There's attacking potential in the side we're putting out right now, but not enough to regularly make up for the problems at the back.

Must go into this game full of confidence that seams weird to say after the state we were in a few weeks back but only one defeat 6 now against Hearts and we seem to have found the road back to goal, we always seem to do okay on the plastic pitches so going for a 3-1 victory for the good guy's, hopefully big Corry is fit.

We've been consistently helping Ayr out since that goalless draw at Stark's Park in the League 1 promotion stramash a few years ago.

Aye, rotten record against Ayr and I see nothing to stop that continuing. I was a bit annoyed with Peter Grant last week, as the week before the makeshift midfield including Robertson looked pretty good, we gave Innes Cameron plenty of decent supply to work with. Defensively we were still a bombscare, and we needed some luck / help from the ref, but at least we had something going forward.

Next game, of course, PG changed it back again to a more "familiar" line-up against Dundee and we were frankly horseshit.

We've got to go for it really, and by that I don't mean lumping long balls to Cameron and hoping for the best.

Edited by Sixtyten

We've got a really poor record against Ayr so I'm really not feeling confident. Going back to the 2000-01 season we've played them 51 times, only winning 12 to Ayr's 28 victories. This season we've already been beaten 4-1 and 2-0 by Ayr, which I believe were the only 2 victories they had in a run of 13 otherwise winless games.

1 hour ago, Sixtyten said:

We've been consistently helping Ayr out since that goalless draw at Stark's Park in the League 1 promotion stramash a few years ago.

Aye, rotten record against Ayr and I see nothing to stop that continuing. I was a bit annoyed with Peter Grant last week, as the week before the makeshift midfield including Robertson looked pretty good, we gave Innes Cameron plenty of decent supply to work with. Defensively we were still a bombscare, and we needed some luck / help from the ref, but at least we had something going forward.

Next game, of course, PG changed it back again to a more "familiar" line-up against Dundee and we were frankly horseshit.

We've got to go for it really, and by that I don't mean lumping long balls to Cameron and hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, Dink said:

We've got a really poor record against Ayr so I'm really not feeling confident. Going back to the 2000-01 season we've played them 51 times, only winning 12 to Ayr's 28 victories. This season we've already been beaten 4-1 and 2-0 by Ayr, which I believe were the only 2 victories they had in a run of 13 otherwise winless games.

I always think that your normal style of play is good for us and plays in to our hands, it's generally an open game and you play some pretty decent football yourselves, however Ayr tend to thrive against sides who give us time and try to match us from a footballing perspective as it's the big strong long ball sides which seem to completely negate us.

I'm just hoping that big Innes doesn't come back to haunt us and  that Alan Trouten doesn't get his customary goal against his former employers set up by another old boy in Kevin Cawley !!

While last night was hard to judge, we looked a different team going forward in the second half. Ndaba gets us higher up the pitch quicker because he is able to pick a pass better than the other centre half’s.

I’d be more inclined to play Miller at the back and keep Muirhead in midfield and see if he can do the same. 

it looked like a kick to the back of the leg he took so hopefully he’ll be ok but if he is 50/50 I am not sure rushing him back on Astroturf would be a good idea when we have 3 others available to play there

6 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

If it was serious I'm sure Hopkin would have talked about it in the post match, Callum didn't even bring it either hopefully just a knock.

Yes - hoping that's the case and Hopkin was just playing safe while giving Roscoe some game time in a match that was already done.  

19 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

If it was serious I'm sure Hopkin would have talked about it in the post match, Callum didn't even bring it either hopefully just a knock.

Have been dreading reading "out for two weeks" so no news is good news. Like Callum I'd be inclined to drop Corrie for this one and wrapping him in bubble wrap, maybe bringing on the second half if absolutely necessary. We've got a busy schedule ahead, including a tie we should be looking to win against Clyde which will add to it. 

I'm expecting to see Muirhead back and possibly Murdoch - they set each other up for the second goal in the 2-0 win last time at Alloa. However, this is the kind of game that would suit Chalmers so this may be the preferred option. Good to have options again and I think the Moff will get the nod over young Mark - not many changes which is about right given the result on Tuesday. 

Edited by Jazzar