Dundee vs Dunfermline Athletic - 27/3/2021

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Why in god's name is Sow replacing Mullen?

...ok, tbf Sow's had a couple of good shifts coming off the bench as of late, so I'm not as furious as I would've been before other games. But still, it feels like a lateral change at best.

To be fair to McPake for once, if we are planning on going long instead of 'playing football' which was his reasoning for the defeat against Ayr, then it makes sense to bring Sow.

Sow is never the answer. To any question. I get the logic though.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's quite a few things to be annoyed about. Not impressed with Fontaine being back or Sow being in the side. Those upsetting scenes are somewhat lifted with the fact that:

ABSOLUTE SCENES THAT JACK HAMILTON ISN'T EVEN ON THE BENCH!!!!

Fontaine is our best centre back by an absolute country mile. Like, it’s not even close.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

If Ashcroft could do his complimentary last man send-off routine that would be ideal. Probably the only way we'll get a result. 

Did you happen to watch the last game at Dens? There’s literally thousands of different ways we can give you a result

Edited by RossDee01

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Fontaine is our best centre back by an absolute country mile. Like, it’s not even close.

That's not a compliment. We've a selection of shite CH's.

As it is, I think Fontaine is horrendous and been at fault for quite a number of goals in his last 5-6 games. I'd have Fisher ahead of him and try and build on the clean sheet we kept with him in the team. We've kept 2 clean sheets in 3 appearances with Ashcroft & Fisher as our CH pairing.

We've kept 1 clean sheet in Fontaine's 12 appearances. The last one was 4 month ago with him in the team.

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I think we are the only club in Scotland that leaves it 'til about 30 minutes before kick-off to announce a starting XI

It's usually 45-50 minutes before kick off.

So it will be up about now or in 5 minutes.