Dundee vs Dunfermline Athletic - 27/3/2021

That may be true, but it does not detract from the fact that this is the worst Championship in terms of standard of teams that I can remember and I have seen more seasons of Dundee in the Championship than I care to recall.

Totally this. Honking. Most years in the championship if we played as badly as we have we’d have been completely fucked.
I’m looking forward to all our games nonetheless. It’s a mixture of f**k all else to do and low expectations, maybe not having to leave the house and freeze my nuts off for 2 hours watching pish, the availability of alcohol during the torture possibly helps as well.
However we all on this thread still support our teams, 2 proper clubs with real history, both should be in the top league and hopefully one day we both will be.

Last week I decided to get pished and have a fire pit instead of watching the game which we eventually won 3-0 and fairly comfortably too

why change a winning habit, mon the bowmore 12!!

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

this line is literally said every season emoji23.pngemoji23.pngthat doesnt make it untrue, right enough.

It's usually hyperbolic but very hard to argue against this season.

4 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Last week I decided to get pished and have a fire pit instead of watching the game which we eventually won 3-0 and fairly comfortably too

why change a winning habit, mon the bowmore 12!!

I spent the first half on the treadmill on Friday. I'm not superstitious, but I'll do it anyway as I need to lose weight, and I need any excuse I can get to do so!

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I spent the first half on the treadmill on Friday. I'm not superstitious, but I'll do it anyway as I need to lose weight, and I need any excuse I can get to do so!

Feel like my “superstition” is better, join is if ye like

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's usually hyperbolic but very hard to argue against this season.

It's quite possibly the worst in my whole time following the Pars (from season1999-2000) 

Anyway, I was supposed to make a lovely, succulent home-made Chinese meal for me and the wifey, however a "girls zoom party <3" has put paid to that, so looks like I have no option to get absolutely steaming and watch this guff. 

25 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The 10/11 season was a poorer standard, IMO.  The standard of any league which enables any Barry Smith led side to go on a huge unbeaten run, must be treated with ultimate scorn.

Well, Rovers fans would say that wouldn't they...

image.jpeg

We will tiptoe on to the pitch and put in a scared performance that sees us lose 3-0.

There will be no comeback this time, just a meek acceptance from a timid lot of bland, characterless guys barely going through the motions.

Of course I hope I'm wrong and Wighton curls in a goal from the edge of the box at the away end as part of our storming 0-4 hiding of McPake's losers.

So you've been spoiled? Through the early Campbell years where we sacked him for the temerity of being second in the league to St Mirren mid October (we hadn't lost a game before going to Love St), to the Calderwood era where we spunked away money we didn't have over a 4 year period to climb to heady heights of a 4th place finish in the SPL (and Scottish Cup final), then nearly getting relegated the following season, bar a late miracle to keep us up, then eventually succumbing to a relegation in 2007 (although making a cup final where we were beaten by a fucking toe-poke), not gaining promotion until 2011 under Jim Mcinytre's fluid footballing side that swept to promotion, only to last one season in the SPL, being relegated than nearly completely folding in 2013, before a points deduction and subsequent administration meant we were relegated into league 1 (could have been avoided if we had held onto our lead at Firhill), having The Rangers in our league 1 season the first time of asking (we won't talk about the next season under Jefferies and Potter). Allan Johnston gets the job and utterly strolls the league. Promotion and consolidation happens. Building season upon season. AJ loses his job. Craw comes in to steady the ship. Gets a chance to build his own team. New German investment with the goal of reaching the playoffs and potential to get promotion. We are currently ingrained in a play off place.

It's quite possibly the worst in my whole time following the Pars (from season1999-2000) 
Anyway, I was supposed to make a lovely, succulent home-made Chinese meal for me and the wifey, however a "girls zoom party
So this is the worst team you have seen in almost 21 years? I would dare say you're talking shite. You probably said the same during the JJ debacle on league 1.

Edit - the quoted text should have been at the the top but who care. The same point stands

On 24/03/2021 at 18:38, eindhovendee said:

Because I am having some serious drugs delivered at 19:15

ASL? 

On 24/03/2021 at 20:01, Shandon Par Decorator said:

Fresh from having scored five away from home in midweek, Pars should be ready to blow Dundee 

blow-jobs.jpg.6fd457b0daf155fd085ffdc41010fcf9.jpg

Get on your knees, you stripey bitches. 

So you've been spoiled? Through the early Campbell years where we sacked him for the temerity of being second in the league to St Mirren mid October (we hadn't lost a game before going to Love St), to the Calderwood era where we spunked away money we didn't have over a 4 year period to climb to heady heights of a 4th place finish in the SPL (and Scottish Cup final), then nearly getting relegated the following season, bar a late miracle to keep us up, then eventually succumbing to a relegation in 2007 (although making a cup final where we were beaten by a fucking toe-poke), not gaining promotion until 2011 under Jim Mcinytre's fluid footballing side that swept to promotion, only to last one season in the SPL, being relegated than nearly completely folding in 2013, before a points deduction and subsequent administration meant we were relegated into league 1 (could have been avoided if we had held onto our lead at Firhill), having The Rangers in our league 1 season the first time of asking (we won't talk about the next season under Jefferies and Potter). Allan Johnston gets the job and utterly strolls the league. Promotion and consolidation happens. Building season upon season. AJ loses his job. Craw comes in to steady the ship. Gets a chance to build his own team. New German investment with the goal of reaching the playoffs and potential to get promotion. We are currently ingrained in a play off place.

So this is the worst team you have seen in almost 21 years? I would dare say you're talking shite. You probably said the same during the JJ debacle on league 1.

Edit - the quoted text should have been at the the top but who care. The same point stands
In fairness, I took what DAFC was saying was the standard of the 2nd tier is as bad as he remembers since 99-00. Could be wrong like.