Dundee vs Dunfermline Athletic - 27/3/2021

Just thought I'd create a match thread for the game at Dens this Saturday as I'm a great pedant. Dunno if I'll watch this game either like our last game on Friday. Very big game for both teams, and I hope we get a 3-0 lead and this time don't f**k it up.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Time to break out the "let's pretend we scored a goal" song once more.

6 0 Dundee. Sow with 4 and a double own goal by flappy OFtW

How does this work? Do you sit and chant at the TV 'let's pretend we've scored a goal'?

Neighbours must think you're one sandwich short of a picnic.

The second part doesn't help your case either.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

How does this work? Do you sit and chant at the TV 'let's pretend we've scored a goal'?

Neighbours must think you're one sandwich short of a picnic.

I think I might, they won't understand me anyway.

Charlie Adam will be suspended for this one, which early in the season would have me positively shitting it. However, we've found our best form in the last month or two with Charlie not in the starting 11. Can't help but notice that the Pars look a little light at CB, with Paul Waton potentially out and Vytas Whatshispuss away on international duty. We're relatively similar tbh, though I believe we're getting Fontaine back for this one, so idk if Fisher starts again. I expect us to score, but the big aim should be keeping a 3rd clean sheet in 4 games, this time against a full-time team. Remember the last game vividly, do not want a repeat of the last 15 minutes of that one. Thankfully, Legzdins has instilled a little bit more confidence in me than Hamilton, so here's hoping he's the man to keep this spark going.

Like us, Dunfermline have had a torrid time trying to find form away from home, and that's why both teams are out of the title picture right now. Here's hoping that continues for them and that our win over Alloa sets us right there in future.

Just now, Jimi Shandrix said:

Ach, both teams are fucked. Brora have shamed us all. 16 points behind that keech. Truly, the battle of the shite.

Not at all, Craig Gordon has been the saviour of Hearts season. Just shows what's possible with a good keeper.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Not at all, Craig Gordon has been the saviour of Hearts season. Just shows what's possible with a good keeper.

That may be true, but it does not detract from the fact that this is the worst Championship in terms of standard of teams that I can remember and I have seen more seasons of Dundee in the Championship than I care to recall.

That may be true, but it does not detract from the fact that this is the worst Championship in terms of standard of teams that I can remember and I have seen more seasons of Dundee in the Championship than I care to recall.
this line is literally said every season [emoji23][emoji23]that doesnt make it untrue, right enough.