Nairn County v Montrose

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Some start for the Gable Endies like, 2-0 already. Was the first goal a weird one? Sounded like it.

Yeah first goal was a bit of a head scratcher, didn’t realise it had gone in at first but we’re now cruising at 3-0

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Poor Nairn. Montrose not giving the Dolphins a breather here. Sounds like it could've been more than 4 by half time.

Hit the bar like 3 times and there goalie has made some great saves. Giving them a proper shagging.

Very straightforward win. Sadly Nairn weren't up to much - it was their first game for ages and it showed.  I disagree with a previous comment in that I thought the Nairn keeper was pretty hopeless.  Job done quite easily.

Yes, straightforward professional performance. Nairn could pass the ball about and tried to play football but I think they were just outgunned. Looking back to the bad old days, we could have succumbed to them but we now have far better players who can skin their opposite numbers in one on ones. This Mo are just a well organised, fitter, stronger, taller, more skillful, better coached etc. etc. unit. Really pleased that after Saturday, when we were accused of being toothless, CJ and others found their dentures! Admittedly the opposition defence was far less challenging but you can only perform against what you're up against, and the forwards did what was asked of them and surely boosted their confidence no end.

Hope it shows in the league.

Meantime, I hope we can do the job on April 3rd against the Broch.

Feel pretty meh about Brora v. Hearts result, as for me, it really is down to a question of which I dislike least. 

Surprised the Lichties didn't see off Falkirk, as I thought that with their £400,000 windfall, courtesy of getting full-time levels of compo. in the Champs, they could have had a squad more than capable of beating them.

They definitely should have been up for it, bearing in mind what lay ahead of them had they done so.

If we do get past Fraserburgh, I wonder what the odds are of drawing three HL teams away in a row, or could it be LL* just for a change?

The "romance" of the cup: aye right!

*ETA won't be LL at least since Kelty Jambos got dumped by Stranraer in the last round.

Edited by Brummo
Saw the error of my ways.