Dumbarton v Huntly

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

Bet365 miles ahead of the stream. 

Bet365 (and other betting websites) are the quickest updates you will get. They are real time. The stream will always be a couple of minutes behind that.

A really professional performance tonight and it’s great to see us actually score some goals. Wilson’s 2nd was lovely. Hopefully gives us a bit of confidence going into the weekend.

FWIW I thought Huntly were rotten, they offered very little.

We were pretty good last night. The front three showed a bit of promise and, despite the fact we've not seen much going forward this season, you'd have to fancy Frizzell/Crossan and Wilson to cause problems for most League One sides.

I was delighted for Jaime getting a couple of goals (and you could tell how keen I was for him to get a third!). I thought he looked like he relished playing right through the middle as the focal point in attack. He split the centre-backs well, drifted wide when he needed to and just offered us a far better shape than we've seen from other strike forces this season.

His goals were both the sort we haven't scored enough of this season. A tap in from a good pull back and a run playing right on the shoulder. He reminds me a fair bit of Beany back in the day with the way he plays right on the shoulder, isn't afraid to put himself about despite being quite small and slight and the fact he never gives defenders a minutes peace. 

I hope that performance shows that he needs to be our main man up front.

Whilst Jaime grabbed the goals though I thought Ross Forbes was the best player in the park. Ross Forbes pre-lockdown and Ross Forbes now look like two different players. It's like we've gone from the player who was at Dunfermline to the player we know.

His delivery all night was absolutely first class and it can't be very often that we have a player who plays a role in four goals in one game. I'm looking forward to seeing his pass for the third again because I don't think I fully appreciated it at the time. 

On Huntly. Well they came with a good shape, were extremely fit but as soon as they fell behind the game plan went out the window. As soon as we got the second then it totally killed them off. Good luck to them though, they've got a few good very young players. I doubt they'll be back in action this season but I'll keep a wee eye out for their results from now on.

Agree with others here in that it was a much more encouraging performance but I am wary that Huntly were no great shakes. I was shocked that Duffy dropped Ramsbottom and I'll be happy if Chris Smith keeps the gloves, he can't kick the ball but I at least have confidence in him to catch the ball every now and then. McAllister looked a bit uncomfortable at left back which is understandable, hopefully Rico isn't out too long. If we can get Crossan, Frizzell and Wilson all playing regularly we might just have enough about us to score some goals. I still think our shape needs work, it was hard to tell if he we were playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 at times last night, I think the latter is more suited to the players we have. 

I thought Brindley looked good when he came on and Duthie had plenty of energy. If we're playing a 4-3-3 it'll probably be difficult for either of them to start but it's good to have some youthful exuberance on the bench that we can call upon. Forbes' fitness really does look great and if he keeps improving his performances it'll be huge for us. I think a special mention should go to Sam Wardrop too, he was clearly playing through injury last night and he had a few wayward touches but I thought his energy was excellent right through the 90 minutes, he was still looking to bomb forward in the last 5 minutes and it's great to see him looking so fit as well. Really chuffed with how the squad have kept themselves in shape. We just need Duffy to persist with the right starting 11 now and hopefully we'll get the wins we need. 

Huge game against Peterhead, especially with them being humped out by Stenny last night at home.