Dumbarton v Huntly

Its a sign of the mood amongst Sons fans that we don't have a match thread for this on the day of the game. Dumbarton potentially going into this one with as few as 14 players available. The Sons should have the advantage of having trained and having played on Saturday, but in a one off game with such a threadbare squad then absolutely anything could happen.

Sons should win. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we didn't.

I’m dreading this, with such a threadbare squad, can we sign a couple who’d be eligible for tonight, or are trialists allowed? Part of me thinks it might be best to lose and bin duffy ASAP, won’t exactly be a lot of money I’d imagine during a pandemic if we progressed

38 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I’m dreading this, with such a threadbare squad, can we sign a couple who’d be eligible for tonight, or are trialists allowed? Part of me thinks it might be best to lose and bin duffy ASAP, won’t exactly be a lot of money I’d imagine during a pandemic if we progressed

If we get through it could be a virtual sell out  then some if Aberdeen fans decided to buy a stream. Especially if they have a new manager in place. It would be highly lucrative to win this tie.

I don't know anything about Huntly but they appear to have a young squad and going by highlights on youtube they can take a chance or two. They might not need a chance though if our GK is in the mood for gifts

Ramsbottom

McAllister McGeever Neill Quitongo

Carswell Wedderburn Brindley

Frizzell Wilson Crossan

Dare you, Jim.

Spoiler

Actually feel a bit bad dropping Forbes who played well at the weekend. But I've no idea where I'd put him there. Assuming Wardrop isn't risked as well.

Ramsbottom

McAllister McGeever Neill Quitongo

Carswell Wedderburn Brindley

Frizzell Wilson Crossan

Dare you, Jim.
Spoiler

Actually feel a bit bad dropping Forbes who played well at the weekend. But I've no idea where I'd put him there. Assuming Wardrop isn't risked as well.

How was brindley at the weekend???

This should be a straightforward win. Anything other than a win should result in a vacancy.

I'm also going to say something which may be seen as controversial, but I'd drop Frizzell for this Duthie lad on the wing to see what he can do. Frizzell has yet again done hee-haw since his debut. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm also going to say something which may be seen as controversial, but I'd drop Frizzell for this Duthie lad on the wing to see what he can do. Frizzell has yet again done hee-haw since his debut. 

I’d be dropping Jones (directly into the bin) and starting Duthie. 

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Ordered the webcast.

Not saying that I'll watch the whole game. Probably give it the first half and call it quits, if not before that. But it's a tenner into the club's coffers. Thats really all I see tonight's stream as - a donation.

Same here. But maybe we’ll be surprised.