Buckie Thistle vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle - Scottish Cup March 23rd

Sean ICTFC

Definitely an exciting cup tie but from an ICT perspective that was an awful performance. Cammy Mackay has done himself no favours with that showing although perhaps the conditions might offer an excuse. Even so, the complete lack of composure at the back was a concern and we struggled to create much of note. Thankfully our finishing was, for a change, pretty clinical. Buckie probably deserved extra time but I'm glad we came through in the end.

The commentator sounded dull as dishwater in the first half but I quite liked the "Ooooohhhhh.......ngggghhhhh......ach jings!" stuff when he got going :lol: 

We were far from convincing last night.  The wind and Buckie being right up for it was a leveller and like RiG said, the difference was our clinical finishing when it mattered.  Cammy McKay was very wobbly and Buckie's first goal should've been a clean catch from the corner. I don't think we can blame the wind for it, I think he totally misjudged it and didn't even make an attempt to jump to catch it.   A great strike from Welsh and a great finish from Dan McKay for the winner.

Happy to just get through really.  I wasn't expecting to pump Buckie as they're probably the 2nd best team in the league behind Brora. Some of the results of the other teams against HL opposition were fantastic, but then you remember Buckie would pump all of those HL sides.  Guys like Kevin Fraser and Sam Urquhart are too good for that level.  Both came through at Premiership sides in The Caley and Aberdeen and they stand out like a sore thumb.

County away in the next round.  A routine defeat against a club in the league above you would expect.