Brora rangers v Heart of Midlothian

7 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

I'm agreeing with you! Dundee had a very handy side, Bill Brown, Alex Hamilton, Bobby Cox, Jimmy Gabriel, Doug Cowie, Alan Cousin Hugh Robertson etc.  

That was the backbone of the team that won the league 2 seasons later.

5 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

My sincere apologies.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

In amongst all the hilarity of last night, I have to ask:

The rest of the Championship, what the f**k are you doing?

Hearts appear to be 16 points ahead of you sorry lot - what's going on there then?

The rest of the championship don't have a Craig Gordon.

48 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

The rest of the championship don't have a Craig Gordon.

Yeah basically this. Gordon has probably won Hearts 10-15 points this season. 

Outfield wise, there not much better than half the teams. Due to their shite manager.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah basically this. Gordon has probably won Hearts 10-15 points this season. 

Outfield wise, there not much better than half the teams. Due to their shite manager the remnants of the relegation squad.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Hearts appear to be 16 points ahead of you sorry lot - what's going on there then?

Gordon, Boyce and Walker are a wee level above the rest of the dross and we all keep taking points of each other while they shitfest their way to a surprisingly large lead at the top. 

This league is fucking chronic

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Tru dat. Eliott Fletcher summed it up perfectly when he said to Five Star, "You're fucking shit" He could have been addressing every team in the Championship.

Listening to Robbie Neilson’s tear stained interview afterwards I had the impression Hearts battered Brora’s goal for the duration but got done by two goals against the run of play.
Highlight don’t exactly show that. The best chance of the game that wasn’t scored was Broras shot from a corner when they were 1-0 up. They had a decent looking penalty shoot not given in the first half too.
Scoreline fair reflection IMO.

It wasn’t exactly a battering:
IMG_1616629119.413315.jpg

Gordon, Boyce and Walker are a wee level above the rest of the dross and we all keep taking points of each other while they shitfest their way to a surprisingly large lead at the top. 

This league is fucking chronic

Walker ,,,,, [emoji23]

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/christophe-berra-slams-pathetic-hearts-20250718

“It has been coming, let’s be honest. I haven’t played recently but we haven’t been convincing in games.

“Not because I’m not in the team but we probably haven’t been that convincing in the last four or five games.

🤣

I had assumed they had travelled up.on the day, but turns out they came up night before and had two nights in a hotel in Brora. So Neilson couldn't blame the long journey morning of the game!!

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/christophe-berra-slams-pathetic-hearts-20250718

“It has been coming, let’s be honest. I haven’t played recently but we haven’t been convincing in games.

“Not because I’m not in the team but we probably haven’t been that convincing in the last four or five games.

🤣

Berra is right, if he had been playing all five would have been lost.

#poodleout.

Tbh the level of apathy is such that a great many people I've spoken to aren't even that bothered.  A feeling of disenfranchised seems to be the way just now.

Edited by Tynierose

On 24/03/2021 at 11:37, HibsFan said:

All statements apply after equalization of points for games played...

Given that Hearts have a huge budget advantage, the fact they are leading the league by a 20-25% margin isn’t unexpected.

Given that eight of the remaining nine teams in the League are within <20% of each other’s total points shows that we are beating each other up with great regularity, suggesting a nicely competitive league.

Given that only one team have less than 50% of the points of the league leader, we again see a very balanced league.

Now, let’s apply the same standard to the Premiership, shall we...

The leaders have a 22% margin...hummmmmmm, “what the f**k are you doing” anyone?

The most equal group is 5th to 12th, staggering along below 50% and within 20% of each other.

Lastly, the same 7 of the 12 teams have less than 50% of the leaders point total

So, on the whole, the Championship seems a much more balanced and competitive league than it’s neighbor, eh?

22 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Berra is right, if he had been playing all five would have been lost.

#poodleout.

Tbh the level of apathy is such that a great many people I've spoken to aren't even that bothered.  A feeling of disenfranchised seems to be the way just now.

"It's been coming" really surprised me TBH. It's still a highland League team.