Caley Thistle vs Arbroath

6 games left, 6 cup finals for the Lichties and it starts in the Highlands. Hopefully we come through the cup game on Tuesday completely unscathed and can go to Inverness with confidence. 

Are Caley still using Pixelot? 

Hopefully we can get a draw here so Neil McCann can get another good result onto his CV.

Yes, we are still using Pixelot but we have added on a co-commentator.

Edited by PB1994

That’s shit to hear they still use pixelot. On our last visit it completely missed our goal. It panned back to the centre circle as Bobby was driving towards goal. Wouldn’t be bc surprised if some Lichties don’t bother purchasing this now 

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

That’s shit to hear they still use pixelot. On our last visit it completely missed our goal. It panned back to the centre circle as Bobby was driving towards goal. Wouldn’t be bc surprised if some Lichties don’t bother purchasing this now 

We do have someone manually controlling the camera now too. Honestly can’t remember if that was in place for the first game we played against you. It has improved slightly with this change but it is still horrendous quality.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

We do have someone manually controlling the camera now too. Honestly can’t remember if that was in place for the first game we played against you. It has improved slightly with this change but it is still horrendous quality.

If it was manually controlled for the 1st meeting then I hope the individual was fired immediately. You lads must be the only club in the league still using it 

Edited by lichtie23

Just now, lichtie23 said:

If it was manually controlled for the 1st meeting then I hope the individual was fired immediately. You lads must be the only club in the league still using it 

Thinking back, it wasn’t manually controlled as I remember we had to ask Dick and his brother to wear hats so the camera wouldn’t track their bald heads 😂

28 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Thinking back, it wasn’t manually controlled as I remember we had to ask Dick and his brother to wear hats so the camera wouldn’t track their bald heads 😂

Never mind Dick & Pink's bald heads - the best bit for me was when it tracked a white van going across the Kessock Bridge.

I hope that it has improved significantly.

6 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Never mind Dick & Pink's bald heads - the best bit for me was when it tracked a white van going across the Kessock Bridge.

I hope that it has improved significantly.

Indeed it has, it has evolved from Pathé News to Montford Macpherson levels of televisual delectation 

I’m sure the camera missed two or three goals that day. It’s better now that’s it manually controlled but it’s still embarrassing that we’ve persevered with it when other clubs have stuff that’s a million times better. And yes StatBoy is still commentating but has been relegated to co-comms and we finally have someone commentating who seems to have genuinely watched a match before at least once in his life.

It wasn't manually controlled when we first played Arbroath and, as mentioned, it missed their goal and started cutting away when Allardice smashed in his goal. I think it was after this game that Gardiner said it wasn't as bad as everyone was making out.

Anyway, it's manually controlled now and we do have a better main commentator in place in the form of Ian Auld so it will be better than last time round. Still, the picture quality is pretty rotten. No chance it is HD especially when we've seen the quality from recent streams by Alloa and Raith.

22 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Anything less than a win wont be good enough here and that’s unlikely because we’re just quite shit

Steady on lad, all teams go through a lean period, Caley certainly did and now managing to scrape a couple of close wins, think of Brora!

I think a draw would be a good result for Arbroath.

A point from this game would be decent, leaving another 5 games to get around 9- 10 points.

Arbroath are playing good football - but need to taking their chances in front of goals.

Would not be surprised if a new player is brought in on loan following Sir Bobby Linn's injury ( an update how how Bobby is doing would be good).

23 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Anything less than a win wont be good enough here and that’s unlikely because we’re just quite shit

Really don't think this is a great post at all, we are clearly not shit, been on a great run since Christmas and had one bad performance/result against QOTS, I still feel we will finish 9th and in the play offs as we short in certain areas but its certainly not because we are "quite shit" 

Players are battling for every point as we seen by the performance against Hearts, Inverness seem to have picked up slightly and are one of the better footballing sides I have watched but they are certainly beatable. Getting the first goal will be key.

Agreed, 2nd season was always going to be harder, don't no what people expect? Part time teams against full time teams over a season is tough, This season must be 10x worse with no fans, gonna be a massive ask to finish better than 9th with injuries now too but people need to get behind the team instead of getting on the players and managers back,

Really don't think this is a great post at all, we are clearly not shit, been on a great run since Christmas and had one bad performance/result against QOTS, I still feel we will finish 9th and in the play offs as we short in certain areas but its certainly not because we are "quite shit" 
Players are battling for every point as we seen by the performance against Hearts, Inverness seem to have picked up slightly and are one of the better footballing sides I have watched but they are certainly beatable. Getting the first goal will be key.