Hearts v Queens

55 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Got a question for you Hearts fans. 

Do you feel like Robbie Neilson is being given free reign to decide what success is, and what is and isn't acceptable at your club? 

I read his interview after yesterday's game and it smacked of Derek McInnes in his late stages at AFC. 

He's trying to justify some horrendous results by harping back to what he's managed to achieve with a much larger budget than his opponents. "When I came in the club was in free fall" etc etc. 

He's trying to kid on the job he's doing is anything other than just about acceptable. I felt this way with McInnes near the end. 

Losing to a Highland League side and at home to QOTS are absolutely appalling results, and IMO sackable offences, especially the cup exit.

Why do yous think guys like Neilson are given such an easy ride? For me, he especially, is a total grifter of a manager. 

Mods, please

Dunno what's upsetting you, your team got a great result in a game where you were rank outsiders. 

I'd be pleased...
Nothing's upsetting me. You could replace "Queens" in your original post with any other side in this division* and I'd still say you're talking nonsense. It was a shock result but to say it's a result worthy of being sacked just shows complete ignorance of this level.

*Alloa excluded as they have been pretty dire on their travels this season.

18 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is only the 8th “championship” season

But basically we would need less than 6 points from the remaining 5 games to beat the current holders Dundee 2014

It’s all to play for

Explain please?

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

That is fantastic!

Is he the guy who was on Sportsound on Saturday night?

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Face of concern. Nah 🤣😂

Im genuinely concerned about him.

Im so tempted to comment "u ok ***? DM us" from the clubs official youtube account :lol:

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I only managed to get half-way through this before switching off.  At first I thought it was an excerpt from Trainspotting, but joking aside ...... I'm genuinely worried for this guy's well being.  Hope he gets a sense of perspective on things, it's only fitba' mate.

4 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Queens are a decent side but no chance should Hearts be losing to them at home, especially after the shocker on Wednesday night. 

Hearts are in the Championship on merit - because the quality of their play over the past two seasons has been of Championship quality standard.  Yesterday they lost to another Championship team displaying Championship level quality of football.  So should that be a surprise result?  The fact that Hearts are historically a huge club (in Scottish terms) doesn't come in to it - they are currently a Championship quality side playing other Championship quality sides.

21 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I only managed to get half-way through this before switching off.  At first I thought it was an excerpt from Trainspotting, but joking aside ...... I'm genuinely worried for this guy's well being.  Hope he gets a sense of perspective on things, it's only fitba' mate.

They've just lost two consecutive games, one to a wee shitty club and the other to Brora Rangers, ffs, it's only natural.

Edited by Ralstonite

15 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Hearts are in the Championship on merit - because the quality of their play over the past two seasons has been of Championship quality standard.  Yesterday they lost to another Championship team displaying Championship level quality of football.  So should that be a surprise result?  The fact that Hearts are historically a huge club (in Scottish terms) doesn't come in to it - they are currently a Championship quality side playing other Championship quality sides.

This is pretty much where we're at.

Hand on heart, I can genuinely say the Brora result wasn't a shock to me.

Our saving grace is that it's a 27 game season. I think we'd be struggling if it was a full 36 game season.

The football has been so bad, I've gone from PPV to Illegal stream, and now I've even sacked that. 

On 27/03/2021 at 21:29, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is only the 8th “championship” season

But basically we would need less than 6 points from the remaining 5 games to beat the current holders Dundee 2014

It’s all to play for

17 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Explain please?

Treating "lowest winning points" as an achievement to be competed for was intended as irony but may have just confused the reader

Dundee won the league with 69 Points from 36 2013/14  which is 1.917 Pts/Game 

If Hearts only get 5 more points then they'll be on 51/27 = 1.889 points/game and take the title of worst championship winners by a whisker.

Six points would mean 52/27 = 1.926 points/game and Dundee would retain the title

Neil Lennon's 2017 Hibs Side and Ross County 2019 went up on the same points (71/36 = 1.972 points/game)  . (Ross County had worse goal difference ). Hearts need Eight points to beat them and move out of the bottom three

10 points would outperform St Mirren 2017/18 and move Hearts into the top half

11 points would outperform Robbie Neilson's Dundee United Last Season

Hearts Need to take a very unlikely 15 from 15 to beat Rangers 2015-16 and go second top

Robbie Neilson's 2014-15 Hearts are already out or reach

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Dundee, HIbs, Hearts & Rangers made the top 6 the following season, Ross County , St Mirren and Dundee United didn't which suggests that there's little relationship between how well you win the championship and what happens next.

You've got to take comfort where you can