Hearts v Queens

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

How the f**k are Hearts 13 points clear ??

I think you know the answer here ........ cos the 9 other clubs in the league are really not that good .....!

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I get how its funny to fans of other clubs (especially Hibs), but I agree with you - I bloody hate when media journos pile into a manager after a defeat and pretty well ask them why don't they resign or if they expect the sack tonight.  Lucky they don't get a slap IMO.

To be fair, most Hearts fans would be asking the exact same questioh.

Edited by lennyzer0

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I get how its funny to fans of other clubs (especially Hibs), but I agree with you - I bloody hate when media journos pile into a manager after a defeat and pretty well ask them why don't they resign or if they expect the sack tonight.  Lucky they don't get a slap IMO.

Neilson is a grade A fud though.

Deserves everything that’s coming to him - way he talks about other clubs is disrespectful.  Get it right up him. 

Just now, lennyzer0 said:

To be fair, most Hearts fans would be asking the exact same questioh.

Thats not the point - he asked if he was considering his position earlier, and then again after the match.

Fair to ask once - twice is absolutely deserving of a kick in the baws.

On 22/03/2021 at 16:54, 19QOS19 said:

Put him in ignore, it makes for a better thread.

Unless someone quotes him...

I can put myself on ignore I don't half post some rubbish !!!

Brilliant win for Queens today never seen that coming  happy man tonight 

Guest SJP79
5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, SJP79 said:
Budge gave the players a higher basic wage and removed the bonuses, players need the incentive off bonuses for goals, assists, clean sheets, etc.

If winning a game/title isn't a big enough incentive for players then I wouldn't want those mercenaries anywhere near my club.

Its human nature to want financial incentives for performance, would you want the players who lack that drive sitting on a higher basic wage at your club and under performing ?

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I think you know the answer here ........ cos the 9 other clubs in the league are really not that good .....!

Or did they perhaps give Hearts too much respect at the start ? Teams seems to have worked out that Hearts aren’t that good. 

If Dunfermline go on a good run they can really put pressure on Hearts.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Or did they perhaps give Hearts too much respect at the start ? Teams seems to have worked out that Hearts aren’t that good. 

Dunfermline play tonight and Tuesday, then face Hearts next Saturday. Win those three games and things could get very interesting.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Think it was partly down to the Covid situation - Queens for instance started with only three signed players and a much reduced budget due to the expected lack of income.  AJ had to sign a raft of players from various sources including English non-league and many of the players were relative unknowns.  So it took the first third of the season to get the team to gel and find the best shape to suit the players.  So the first 9 games were effectively wasted and we only got our act together at the end of the first third.  Almost impossible to compare the likes of QOS with the Hearts situation at the start of the league.  You have to give AJ respect for (hopefully) keeping QOS in the division given the cards he was dealt.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Dunfermline play tonight and Tuesday, then face Hearts next Saturday. Win those three games and things could get very interesting.

Lay off the drink lads.

Its human nature to want financial incentives for performance, would you want the players who lack that drive sitting on a higher basic wage at your club and under performing ?

My point is, Hearts players will likely be making comfortably more than all the other players in the division. If being the best paid players isn't enough for them to perform and they require even more money, I'd be directing my anger towards them and not the club for not giving them even more money.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

They way Dunfermline have been playing we will be lucky to get 1 point from the next three games. 

Think it does show the lack of quality, there are 6 or 7 teams with very little to separate them. 

I get why big clubs like Hearts always have an emotional implosion when losing to uber diddies like QOS ........ but I wish now and then media folk/fans would take time to step back, keep a sense of perspective and say ...... "you know what, that (QOS) side played well today and were well worth the points".  I've been watching QOS for 50 odd years and every time we beat a big club (OK not that often to be fair) its always the same from the media/fans of the big club.  Guess what, that's fitba' eh?

I thought Dickson did well today (a lot of our fans may have forgotten we signed him). None of us would have picked that team but it worked. Dobbie looked sharp,  Shields took his chances well.