Lesmahgow Staff

After totalling 17yrs at the club ,Rab,Davy,&Eric have together came to the decision to step down from the roll of management and coaching staff within the club.

Does anyone know the staff full names and jobs, thanks

Robert Irving - manager

Eric Watson - coach

Will still be helping on committee. 

Davy Jackson - coach 

Will be leaving to join the Fire Service.

Further details....

https://m.facebook.com/groups/115348398500028/permalink/4187276484640512/

https://m.facebook.com/groups/115348398500028/permalink/4181281488573345/

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Robert Irving - manager

Eric Watson - coach

Will still be helping on committee. 

Davy Jackson - coach 

Will be leaving to join the Fire Service.

Further details....

https://m.facebook.com/groups/115348398500028/permalink/4187276484640512/

https://m.facebook.com/groups/115348398500028/permalink/4181281488573345/

I dont have Facebook ha ha 

Maybe looking to freshen things up, due to longevity. Both Rab and Eric have their own businesses and 17 years devotion takes a lot out of you. I'm only surmising.

Facebook links only confirm more what I've said and they have said they are open to applications.

Rab and Eric will still help committee in the background, so not leaving club completely.

Sounds about right and 17 years between them at the one club can only be applauded that takes devotion and alot of personal time so fair play to them, not sure what there squad was like as they pulled out of the league this season for obvious reasons so be interesting to see if they have a squad or not currently  

As far as I'm aware squad wise, they will be almost starting from scratch, so it's a good opportunity for someone.

Due to covid they decided not to take part in this season, so players left to go elsewhere or stopped playing.

It's a good hard working committee, so whoever comes in will receive good backing.

2 hours ago, Father Ted said:

As far as I'm aware squad wise, they will be almost starting from scratch, so it's a good opportunity for someone.

Due to covid they decided not to take part in this season, so players left to go elsewhere or stopped playing.

It's a good hard working committee, so whoever comes in will receive good backing.

Be difficult brining in a full new squad under the current circumstances I would think so the committee would need to be prepared to give the new manager time to rebuild as that wont be easy as I mean where can you get a full squad of players from at the minute? So they would need to work a miracle to be able to get a full squad that could compete straight away 

22 minutes ago, Kp91 said:

Be difficult brining in a full new squad under the current circumstances I would think so the committee would need to be prepared to give the new manager time to rebuild as that wont be easy as I mean where can you get a full squad of players from at the minute? So they would need to work a miracle to be able to get a full squad that could compete straight away 

It won't be the first time we've had to do it.  With covid easing with vaccination program, by summer things will be much better

I  don't think we will struggle for players or new team management, and the draw of WOFSL will help too.

At least new management team has plenty time to identify targets and secure them before new season starts. 

24 minutes ago, Kp91 said:

That's a fair point mate, quite an exciting project for the right people think I might apply 😉 ha ha I take it your involved with the club so know your stuff 

If you have the capacity to do it, then apply its open to all. 

1 minute ago, Father Ted said:

If you have the capacity to do it, then apply its open to all. 

I've managed before but would think the club will go for a familiar name it's very rare clubs go for a new face they tend to go with names that have been around for years in my experience

1 minute ago, Kp91 said:

I'm sure you'll get a team together and at least be competitive but I would think itll take time to rebuild so fans  need to be patient as rebuilding takes time and patience 

Rab built teams repeatedly from scratch and won promotions on a few occasions and champions twice.

Although sometimes it does take time as you say, we will just have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Kp91 said:

I've managed before but would think the club will go for a familiar name it's very rare clubs go for a new face they tend to go with names that have been around for years in my experience

Sometimes a new face and fresh approach is exactly what's needed. 

I would like to see Duncan Sinclair, "Big Sinky" back at Gow but that's just a personal opinion but anyone that can take us forward will do for me.