Might not vote 2021

scottsdad

2 hours ago, virginton said:

He was never getting on the constituency as McMillan (not exactly brain of Britain either) is a sitting MSP. But him sitting number 5 on the list is just about enough to keep his chances of election low.

I'll certainly use my first vote to keep out the latest grasping, grace and favour Labour fuckwit, who has no other aim in life than claiming their rightful lifetime stint as Inverclyde representative like some ancien regime noble, but the second vote is a quandary. You'd think that a benefit of the list system is that you can make a free philosophical choice with no other consideration, but like the current Morton squad, it seems to be just stacked with countless options that are all dung.

I don't see an excellent reason on recent performance to give both votes to the SNP, although if the polls tighten somewhat to suggest they could lose a constituency or two then this would be decisive. That would require a Labour revival though rather than just some East Coast Tories regenerating though. The Greens are a mixed bag of sound ideas and risible, middle class/student union nonsense - and the fact that posturing bully victim Greer stands for the West region means it's a likely no from me. There's a significant gap still left by the SSP for a radical pro-independence party in this part of the country, that neither current mainstream party represents effectively.

I kind of feel this. I really am holding my nose to vote SNP in the constituency.....but they are the only  credible pro independence winners in my bit.

I just wish all these troughers who have hi-jacked Scotland's party of independence, pushing their minority agendas over the last 6 or 7 years, would hurry up and f@ck off back to the labour party.

My 2nd vote is more complex. As an independence supporter, common sense dictates that in my area I should give my list vote to the Greens.

Lots of good ideas and people in the greens, but If anything, as a whole, they are more infiltrated by woko haram than the SNP.

After the election, hopefully the SNP gets it's act together, and a new credible harder line pro independence party forms to provide some push and incentive

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Do you want independence?

Yes.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

Do it gleefully or do it holding your nose.

Gleefully can f@ck right off.

They are a shambolic excuse for an administration who have become beholden to all sorts of ridiculous fringeists. Absolutely nothing positive has been produced by the administration since 2014. All the SNP govts good achievements came in its first two administration's. Since then the leadership has been absolutely turgid.

Like many in Scotland I suspect, I will be holding my nose....voting for the SNP only so we can get a shot at  independence...after that I look forward to voting sturgeon and all her lackies out at the first opportunity.

Yes das - please, don't call us that, we are just people passionate about independence. Let's all try and get along, as we all want the same thing after all. 

Also yes das - "Woko Haram" and the SNP haven't done anything positive since the special independence boy stopped being leader, coincidentally. There's a great Wings article I can show you

FWIW if my local candidate wasn't a good one and there wasn't the #mandate to think of they would be struggling for my vote at constituency level, will have to see on the list.

“Woko Haram” is both the best and worst thing I have ever read. Like the very first time you saw Brent give the motivational speech in his white t-shirt and jeans in The Office, cringing out of my boots, but laughing heartedly at the same time.

Yes das really are the gift that keep on giving.

1 hour ago, Pato said:

The idea the reactionary old farts we're slowly crowbarring out of public life might seize the moment and put a policeman in every toilet is about the only thing that could cause me to think twice about voting yes in a new independence referendum.

What planet are you on

9 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Anyone that votes Tory is either fucking rich or fucking stupid.  There's no need to ask why, we know already.

But you've evidently proved yourself to be very stupid on here numerous times. Should you be subject to verbal abuse because of that? 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

But you've evidently proved yourself to be very stupid on here numerous times. Should you be subject to verbal abuse because of that? 

Tories should be subject to abuse in all fora available, because they make an active choice to make everyone’s life worse.

To be fair though, I don’t think that everyone votes Tory because they’re rich or because they’re stupid. Some of them are racists as well.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Tories should be subject to abuse in all fora available, because they make an active choice to make everyone’s life worse.

To be fair though, I don’t think that everyone votes Tory because they’re rich or because they’re stupid. Some of them are racists as well.

That's so original and witty and definitely doesn't make you look like an ignorant man child. 

Keep up the good work. 

18 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Am not saying I am hugely charitable or altruistic but I do know that in voting for what I consider is best for my circumstances - Labour (to a point), the Liberals (when nor propping up the Tories), Greens and SNP - then my vote will not mean the poorest and the vulnerable will be shafted - well not intentionally.

A vote for the Tories (or UKIP or whatever their current incarnation is) is simply a vote in line with what you think is best for your circumstances in full knowledge that the poor and vulnerable will get shafted at the same time. 

Edited by KingRocketman II

I have some small sympathy for those in the Rust Belt that felt forced into voting for Trump because he was the only one promising change and acknowledging things were fucked even if he was clearly lying but voting Tory is voting in the full knowledge and expectation that they will uphold a status quo which clearly isn't working.

ETA: Same with Brexit.

Edited by NotThePars

18 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

Any Scot voting Tory should be forced to go into a pub in Auchinleck or any other mining village Thatcher ruined.

Good luck coming out intact.

And you should be forced to go into a pub in Brixton and try and underplay racist abuse like you were over in the Rangers thread. 

You've got more chance of coming out punctured that anyone does is Auchinkleck. 

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

And you should be forced to go into a pub in Brixton and try and underplay racist abuse like you were over in the Rangers thread. 

You've got more chance of coming out punctured that anyone does is Auchinkleck. 

Haven't downplayed racist abuse wee man.

Indeed by refusing to condemn racism in your own club you have downplayed racism.

Four times I asked you to condemn racism in your own club.

You refused to do so.

I marched with the SSP against the SDL.

What have you done to end racism?

All Torys are c***s and anybody who votes Tory clearly doesn't care about Scotland. 

Thanks for the Red dot wee man.

By the way racism in Brixton was perpetuated by the vile cow Thatcher and your beloved Tories.

Thatcher is rotting in the ground and we'll tramp the dirt down.

Edited by WilliamBragg